2016 NCAA football discussion thread

download_20161022_184335.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cybok0 and HIFI
Don't your fans travel to all the games regardless of where they are ?

I know most try if they have the money - but I was wanting to go to Charlotte as it was a 4 hour drive for ACC title game and wouldn't cost much now that is thrown out the window for a BS reason.

Just give it to Bama again, sheesh. Outmatch everyone on both sides of the ball, and with Saban embracing a different offense they are tough. Defense is savage too.

If Jimbo doesnt wake up from lala land and get rid of some of our deadweight coaching, its gonna be brutal in Atlanta next year. One place where Bama leads and it matters, the coaching staff and consultants, etc... High recruiting every year doesnt matter as much if you have poor coaching.
Thats called "Coaching Up" ...
Saban and Meyer are very good at it, having top players also help.

You can concede the SEC title to Bama if you want ... I'm not conceding anything when it comes to playoff time.

Thats called "Coaching Up" ...
Saban and Meyer are very good at it, having top players also help.

You can concede the SEC title to Bama if you want ... I'm not conceding anything when it comes to playoff time.
He was talking about the Bama/FSU game to start next season, as his team and mine are in different conferences there is no sec title for him to concede ;)

Lose another one and there may be no playoff concession to worry about ;)

I did not see that loss coming for sure

Lose another one and there may be no playoff concession to worry about ;)

I did not see that loss coming for sure

Buckeyes have been flirting with a loss the last several weeks, they haven't been clicking on offense of late.
The D* was also suspect for parts of the game.

Buckeyes got screwed a few times with calls, but that happens, you have to overcome them.

The Horse collar call was a critical one ... 15 yards that shouldn't have been.
A missed P I call in the last drive didn't help any ...Buckeyes went deep, the defender had one arm on his leg and the other pulling his arm down, well before the ball got there.
Buckeyes would have had a 1st down instead of ending the game on a 4th and 23.

There were multiple late hits when player was out of bounds, no calls.

I'm sure there were holding calls both ways that didn't get called with the way both D lines were rushing.

Buckeyes didn't play well enough to overcome 8 penalties, but that wasn't the turning point ... I've never seen a blocked punt and a blocked FG in the same game on a Meyer team in the same game before.

He's got plenty to work on this week.

Looks like the Buckeyes only dropped to #6, ahead of 2 undefeated teams, Nebraska being one of them ... which those two play one another yet this year.

OSU could have 1 loss or 4 losses by the end of the season.
If they only have 1, I expect them to be right in the hunt ... if they have more than 1 loss, its all over for them this year.

Clemson can win and stay undefeated and still drop in the rankings.I admit they have played sloppy and had too many close wins but there still a few weeks to go. One thing I give those young men credit for is their never give up attitude.

Clemson can win and stay undefeated and still drop in the rankings.I admit they have played sloppy and had too many close wins but there still a few weeks to go. One thing I give those young men credit for is their never give up attitude.
Clemson, like Ohio State, continues to win while not necessarily playing thier best. (except the Buckeyes lost this time around).

Fwiw, it really doesn't matter where your ranked as long as your in the top 4, 3 preferred though.
Keeping in mind, we'll have a lot of movement in the last 5 weeks as we always do.

Looks like the Buckeyes only dropped to #6, ahead of 2 undefeated teams, Nebraska being one of them ... which those two play one another yet this year.

OSU could have 1 loss or 4 losses by the end of the season.
If they only have 1, I expect them to be right in the hunt ... if they have more than 1 loss, its all over for them this year.

Yep polls are clearly bias - OSU lost they didn't drop but 4 spots?? Really??? They are out of the playoff with that loss either way unless everyone in front of them and the other undefeated teams lose one maybe two as I don't see them winning the Michigan game.

Alabama could still win out but have two games that they may lose so that could be sneaky for them. I see Michigan getting in and beating OSU to keep em out.
Clemson may not make it in losing in the ACC title game but if they do they are in. Louisville causes all kinds of flack if they do and Clemson doesn't cause they won't win the ACC title game so IMO you should win the Conf to get in regardless - if this happens its total BS and something needs to be fixed.

There are certainly some 1 loss and even 2 loss teams that are better than teams like Boise St, Baylor, W. Michigan , West VA and even Washington that I've seen so far this year. I've tried to watch a few games from each of them thus far - none of them are playing teams of any caliber.
W. VA and Baylor playing each other is like watching Ark and Auburn play last night.

A friend of mine and I were talking last night - its time to fix this - get the polls out of the way and whoever the conf title winner is plays in the playoff from each Conf.

Yep polls are clearly bias - OSU lost they didn't drop but 4 spots?? Really??? They are out of the playoff with that loss either way unless everyone in front of them and the other undefeated teams lose one maybe two as I don't see them winning the Michigan game.

Alabama could still win out but have two games that they may lose so that could be sneaky for them. I see Michigan getting in and beating OSU to keep em out.
Clemson may not make it in losing in the ACC title game but if they do they are in. Louisville causes all kinds of flack if they do and Clemson doesn't cause they won't win the ACC title game so IMO you should win the Conf to get in regardless - if this happens its total BS and something needs to be fixed.

There are certainly some 1 loss and even 2 loss teams that are better than teams like Boise St, Baylor, W. Michigan , West VA and even Washington that I've seen so far this year. I've tried to watch a few games from each of them thus far - none of them are playing teams of any caliber.
W. VA and Baylor playing each other is like watching Ark and Auburn play last night.

A friend of mine and I were talking last night - its time to fix this - get the polls out of the way and whoever the conf title winner is plays in the playoff from each Conf.
IF you do that then you have to change the structure of the playoffs to have more that 4 teams.
IF they are gonna do that they need to go to what many of us have discussed every year .... going to 8 teams in, your 5 Conference Champs and 3 at large.

Like I said previously, if Ohio State wins out, they could get in, there's a lot gonna happen down the stretch ... teams will lose.
IF they lose a 2nd game, they are clearly out ... as will any team with 2 losses.

IF you do that then you have to change the structure of the playoffs to have more that 4 teams.
IF they are gonna do that they need to go to what many of us have discussed every year .... going to 8 teams in, your 5 Conference Champs and 3 at large.

Like I said previously, if Ohio State wins out, they could get in, there's a lot gonna happen down the stretch ... teams will lose.
IF they lose a 2nd game, they are clearly out ... as will any team with 2 losses.

8 team playoff is how it really should be..most would agree - you would only be adding one more week of games.

And if Bama should lose, they won't drop much either.

And if Bama should lose, they won't drop much either.

They should - but yeah they won't cause of how bias the poll voting is.
Clearly the AP polls are taken into account when the comm votes next week too.

Alabama does look good though regardless of who they play this year.. as much as I dislike them I can't ignore the talent going on there over any other team so far aside from Michigan and maybe Clemson.

I had to laugh for a while Saturday during the Kentucky game when the announcers said that mathematically Kentucky still has a shot at the East division.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)