2016 NCAA pre season football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
One game each year on Thursday night - I can take off both days so I'm not complaining and love it.
I could careless about HS football anymore - Bring on Friday night games!
Wow,
You could care less about HS games ?

I don't watch them as much as I use to, but I do follow the HS games weekly as in who I s doing what locally. ..
Just think how go I d your College team would be without the HS guys ....
Oh that's right, there wouldn't be one.

Don't go into ... there's plenty of others better out there ... unless you starting a team with drop outs.

Wow,
You could care less about HS games ?

I don't watch them as much as I use to, but I do follow the HS games weekly as in who I s doing what locally. ..
Just think how go I d your College team would be without the HS guys ....
Oh that's right, there wouldn't be one.

Don't go into ... there's plenty of others better out there ... unless you starting a team with drop outs.

I don't go to any more HS games.. I do follow some recruits but its not something that will take my time away from a college game on now is what I'm meaning here.... no wow about it.

Your taking my comments and tossing them up and then just pushing pcs together.
Ohh and I played in HS so its not that I hate it or anything but if a college game is playing that night - that is what I'm watching when I have nothing else going on Friday night.

On a flip note AP poll out - I disagree up one side and down the other... Clemson should have been #1 with who they have returning against what Alabama has but its all about Saban when it comes to people giving votes. I'm gonna pull for every team this year against Alabama.

Bama is the returning champ and has a ton returning. They deserve the top spot until they lose it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't go to any more HS games.. I do follow some recruits but its not something that will take my time away from a college game on now is what I'm meaning here.... no wow about it.

Your taking my comments and tossing them up and then just pushing pcs together.
Ohh and I played in HS so its not that I hate it or anything but if a college game is playing that night - that is what I'm watching when I have nothing else going on Friday night.

On a flip note AP poll out - I disagree up one side and down the other... Clemson should have been #1 with who they have returning against what Alabama has but its all about Saban when it comes to people giving votes. I'm gonna pull for every team this year against Alabama.
Now I understand what your saying .... the first post didn't sound at all like that.

I too will watch the local College team if they are playing on a Friday night. I don't go to many HS games, but I do pay attention to whats going on in the city (and State when playoffs come around).

My local team in in the MAC, so they play alot of those odd Tuesday night games.
Once in a while they will be on Friday, but not often.

We've gotten back into high school ball now that we have a kid in school
Same here. Didn't go to as many before, but now that my nephew is on my old high school's team, I plan to go to all the home games this year.

Been to several the past few years, and kid's of my friends have been playing.
I enjoy High School football moreso than college. I know many of the parents, and so there's personal connections. Plus the coach we hired a couple years ago is a hometown boy, who graduated a few years behind me.

I even know people who's kids play for other teams in the region, so it makes the game more compelling. While I prefer college over pro's, most of the players and coaches are still just names. With High School, it's people I know.

Fortunately no SEC or ACC teams ever play on Friday, and the NFL is banned by law from televising games on Friday (and Saturday) so it's never a problem.

I still far prefer the college game, there is just something about it, but I do prefer high school to the pros. Our school does bidded out tailgate spots, and us and a few friends get one every year to watch the games. Comes with a parking pass and game tickets, and you can bring your own food and drinks, so it is worth the cost of the bid and gets you right at the field.

I will admit though, the level of enthusiasm to high school football is generally tied to the local teams performance. Helps that Jackson is generally a decent team. :D

I will admit though, the level of enthusiasm to high school football is generally tied to the local teams performance. Helps that Jackson is generally a decent team. :D
Lol, that is true. When I was in high school we went on a run of state titles, then slowly dropped off. It was several years of sustained success though. In the last five years, we moved up a division and simply did not have good athletes. My daughters first two years they lost every game one season and won one by forfeit the next. Last season they got better and made the playoffs. Having the leading scorer in the state helped though, and he graduated. Went somewhere on a baseball scholarship. I have no clue how they will be this season. JV is pretty decent. They won district last year, so once those kids move up we should be decent.

Sorry if this offends anyone but football season is upon us and this is just fair warning lol. . .Since the football countdown is under two weeks, I guess it's time to mention the pre-college football season warnings. None of these are meant to be a personal attack, but each of you have been warned.
1. I will NOT attend ANYTHING past noon on Saturdays unless you have NCAA football on a television.
1a: Television must be a minimum of 46" diagonal with a minimum resolution of 1080p. Events broadcast in HD will take priority over those that do not.
1b. Events with Alabama football take priority over all other events, regardless of TV size and definition.
1c. Events with SEC football will take priority over all other events except 1b.
2. I will be high strung, loud, and obnoxious if you are around me while Alabama is playing. Things may/may not be thrown. If any of your belongings are damaged I will repair/replace them, but I will not care until after the post-game analysis.
3. I will wear crimson Friday and Saturday. *No exceptions*
4. If you somehow coerce me into attending an event by having all of the prerequisites listed in (1) above, be aware that I will sing Sweet Home Alabama wherever I am and every time it is played.
4a. In the event that Sweet Home Alabama begins during a prayer, I will patiently wait until the prayer is complete before picking up the song. After all, Ezekial 20:29 says, "Whereunto the high place to which ye go...it is called Bamah to this day"
5. Weddings are for other times of year. It's not my fault you are starting your married life proving to everyone you are a horrible planner. I won't be there but I will wish you the best of luck as soon as the game is over.
5b. *As soon as the game and the post game show are over*
6. In the event that we are watching a game together, and you are not an Alabama fan, you will not cheer against Alabama and I will not cheer against your crappy team. This rule can be confusing to some, but it is explained by saying that you can make positive statements for your team while not making negative cheers against Alabama
Example for (6) above: "We need a turnover. Come on (insert your team's name here), get the ball back. We need an interception. This statement is fine.
"Bama's quarterback whichever that might be will fumble or throw an interception soon. He sucks." This statement will not be fine, and could result in injury.

Thanks for understanding everyone.
Roll Tide!

Sorry if this offends anyone but football season is upon us and this is just fair warning lol. . .Since the football countdown is under two weeks, I guess it's time to mention the pre-college football season warnings. None of these are meant to be a personal attack, but each of you have been warned.
1. I will NOT attend ANYTHING past noon on Saturdays unless you have NCAA football on a television.
1a: Television must be a minimum of 46" diagonal with a minimum resolution of 1080p. Events broadcast in HD will take priority over those that do not.
1b. Events with Alabama football take priority over all other events, regardless of TV size and definition.
1c. Events with SEC football will take priority over all other events except 1b.
2. I will be high strung, loud, and obnoxious if you are around me while Alabama is playing. Things may/may not be thrown. If any of your belongings are damaged I will repair/replace them, but I will not care until after the post-game analysis.
4. If you somehow coerce me into attending an event by having all of the prerequisites listed in (1) above, be aware that I will sing Sweet Home Alabama wherever I am and every time it is played.
4a. In the event that Sweet Home Alabama begins during a prayer, I will patiently wait until the prayer is complete before picking up the song. After all, Ezekial 20:29 says, "Whereunto the high place to which ye go...it is called Bamah to this day"
5. Weddings are for other times of year. It's not my fault you are starting your married life proving to everyone you are a horrible planner. I won't be there but I will wish you the best of luck as soon as the game is over.
6. In the event that we are watching a game together, and you are not an Alabama fan, you will not cheer against Alabama and I will not cheer against your crappy team. This rule can be confusing to some, but it is explained by saying that you can make positive statements for your team while not making negative cheers against Alabama
Example for (6) above: "We need a turnover. Come on (insert your team's name here), get the ball back. We need an interception. This statement is fine.
"Bama's quarterback whichever that might be will fumble or throw an interception soon. He sucks." This statement will not be fine, and could result in injury.

Roll Tide!

Saw some crazy person posted that on facebook. Couldn't find a dislike button there either.

Roll Tide!
Good luck with 1b.
Seeing there are NO Network Broadcast in the USA that do 1080p, I guess you won't be seeing many games this year unless you Go to the game and wear your 1080p glasses.

CBS (also known as SEC network during the season as they area always on that channel) broadcasts in 1080i as does NBC.
ESPN and Fox broadcast in 720p

Now if your referring to an UP Converted signal from a 4k set, maybe, but thats not what you said.

Where did I say the broadcast must be 1080p? I said the TV must and the games in HD take priority. Read it again.

It's sarcasm that's not in any case.

Where did I say the broadcast must be 1080p? I said the TV must and the games in HD take priority. Read it again.

It's sarcasm that's not in any case.

I presumed you meant being broadcast in 1080p.

main-qimg-7c6148068e8b37e4818dbbb90c816398

Is it just me, or do Va Techs Bristol uniforms look like subway wallpaper. Hideous.

Is it just me, or do Va Techs Bristol uniforms look like subway wallpaper. Hideous.

The design is supposed to mimic the stone used all over the school structures found around here.
I'm not a huge fan of it but considering orange and maroon are VT colors and orange is a Tenn color I bet it was given as the option to use a custom design for VT when they signed to the match up.
It looks MUCH better in person just so you know - it will be good for ball protection too I think so I do like that.

The design is supposed to mimic the stone used all over the school structures found around here.
I'm not a huge fan of it but considering orange and maroon are VT colors and orange is a Tenn color I bet it was given as the option to use a custom design for VT when they signed to the match up.
It looks MUCH better in person just so you know - it will be good for ball protection too I think so I do like that.
The video really didn't keep still enough to get a really good shot at the uniform.

As for orange, VT actually does have a good shade and it mixes in well with the maroon color. Their normal uniforms aren't bad. I'm not a big fan of "special" uniforms when your team already has a good look.

As for Tennessee, I'm all for them dumping the creamsickle orange in favor of almost anything else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)