2016 NCAA pre season football discussion thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.. my Bristol ticket cost me $155 - I think basic tickets were $100 and I'm told we should be pretty close to 50yard line and pretty close to the track from seating standpoint.
That's pretty reasonable for a big ooc game imo

00c377f3ef0e4aaa1092427fd054ce59.jpg

d50d9a31037774b6b50e5dc8a3338de5.jpg

Reactions: salsadancer7
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...a-year/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Fans of Georgia Tech will have to wait an extra year for the next matchup with an iconic college football program.

As part of a flurry of scheduling news that involves a handful of FBS programs, Tech has confirmed that its 2019 game against Notre Dame has been pushed back to the 2020 season. That game will be played Nov. 14 at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta.

The Yellow Jackets’ future games with the Irish, as part of that football independent’s scheduling agreement with the ACC, will remain unchanged — 2021 in South Bend, 2024 in Atlanta.

As part of a flurry of scheduling news that involves a handful of FBS programs, Tech has confirmed that its 2019 game against Notre Dame has been pushed back to the 2020 season. That game will be played Nov. 14 at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta.
Smart move, have the Notre Dame game in a year where they don't play Georgia at home (Athens in even years, Atlanta in odd). Builds interest in the season pass.

I skipped it this year, as our home slate sucks, with the lone exception of Clempson, which the idiots put on a Thursday night.

Little over 2 weeks until I make the drive to Orlando... The backup QB/5th-year guy is out for 4 weeks or so which prob means he misses Ole Miss and Louisville. Not good if Francois goes down, our other two scholly QB's need to stay off the field as much as possible...

So, Dolphins stadium (where the Hurricanes play too) is going to have a sponsorship change to Hard Rock Stadium. Who owns the entire Hard Rock brand you ask? The Seminole Tribe of Florida.

You can't make this stuff up...

I skipped it this year, as our home slate sucks, with the lone exception of Clempson, which the idiots put on a Thursday night.

Thursday night games are awesome or even Friday night games. I have no idea why people are so against them when the atmosphere alone is just amazing.
The 330 saturday games drive me crazy - mainly since its pretty much a all day thing and while I love the whole thing it kills me for wanting to watch other games that evening since it takes so long to get home after the game...around 8-9pm usually depending on traffic.
Noon saturday games are horrible if they are in Sept and sadly 4 straight games I'm going to in Sept this year (3 at home and the Bristol game) so my Sept is gonna be so busy and insane since Sept its still in the high 80's and humid - my tickets are on the east side therefore right smack in the sun the whole time! I'd rather play any of those games in the rain than the flat out sun.

But a Thursday night game... awesome! I'll take off work both Thurs and Friday - make a 4 day weekend!

Reactions: salsadancer7
Thursday night games are awesome or even Friday night games. I have no idea why people are so against them when the atmosphere alone is just amazing.
The 330 saturday games drive me crazy - mainly since its pretty much a all day thing and while I love the whole thing it kills me for wanting to watch other games that evening since it takes so long to get home after the game...around 8-9pm usually depending on traffic.
Noon saturday games are horrible if they are in Sept and sadly 4 straight games I'm going to in Sept this year (3 at home and the Bristol game) so my Sept is gonna be so busy and insane since Sept its still in the high 80's and humid - my tickets are on the east side therefore right smack in the sun the whole time! I'd rather play any of those games in the rain than the flat out sun.

But a Thursday night game... awesome! I'll take off work both Thurs and Friday - make a 4 day weekend!
Friday nights are generally reserved for High School games.
I love the 3:30 games and the evening as well, that said, I 'd rather do 3:30 than 7:30.

Noon games are hard, but when your playing the lesser teams, they tend to be on earlier as they get less viewers.

Thursday night games suck, because most of us work on Friday. With a Saturday game, you can also make it an all day thing, see the city, campus, tailgate, etc...

Not to mention driving into Atlanta during an afternoon rushhour is not the funnest thing to do.

As for Friday night games, one reason, High School football.

I would hate to have my team play on a midweek date, as work comes before football to me, and I get up early so I have to make a decision on sleep or a game.

Fridays, as others have mentioned is for high school ball.

Saturday is just the traditional college game day, and many fans grew up with that so it holds a special place for them. All day football on a lazy saturday, nothing better IMO.

Friday nights are generally reserved for High School games.
I love the 3:30 games and the evening as well, that said, I 'd rather do 3:30 than 7:30.

Noon games are hard, but when your playing the lesser teams, they tend to be on earlier as they get less viewers.
I would rather do the 2:30 slot as well. We get there early if we go to the game and tailgate. Go to the game, and either tailgate some more or get home at a decent hour. Night games in tuscaloosa are fun of course, but getting out of there in the dark is a nightmare. It has gotten better over the years, but it can be daunting for those not familiar with the area when everything is detoured and you cant see well.

So, Dolphins stadium (where the Hurricanes play too) is going to have a sponsorship change to Hard Rock Stadium. Who owns the entire Hard Rock brand you ask? The Seminole Tribe of Florida.

You can't make this stuff up...

But FSU does not OWN the name of "Seminoles" or the tribe...making a big deal about it, like many fans of the Seminoles have done...is childish. And I am s Seminole alum.

I would rather do the 2:30 slot as well. We get there early if we go to the game and tailgate. Go to the game, and either tailgate some more or get home at a decent hour. Night games in tuscaloosa are fun of course, but getting out of there in the dark is a nightmare. It has gotten better over the years, but it can be daunting for those not familiar with the area when everything is detoured and you cant see well.
I prefer afternoon games as well, as it's an all day affair..
Like you said, go early to the game and tailgate. Then watch the game, and either tailgate some more, or walk somewhere nearby and get some food. That way traffic peters out before we leave.
I don't even mind the noon games, as then there's a lot more tailgating and stuff going on after the game.

But as you said, the night games, while exciting, are a mess to get out of right after.

You are also a Miami fan sooooo.... Stop using Alum as a distraction to your motive.

Not using it as a distraction. There is no motive...it's dumb. There is no EXCLUSIVITY to the football stadium The U plays in....it BELONGS to the Dolphins OWNER. Period. The U has NO SAY in who sponsors it or the naming rights. LOL!

Thursday night games suck, because most of us work on Friday. With a Saturday game, you can also make it an all day thing, see the city, campus, tailgate, etc...

Not to mention driving into Atlanta during an afternoon rushhour is not the funnest thing to do.

As for Friday night games, one reason, High School football.

One game each year on Thursday night - I can take off both days so I'm not complaining and love it.
I could careless about HS football anymore - Bring on Friday night games!

It seems like yall had more than one. Hmm.

We've gotten back into high school ball now that we have a kid in school

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

We hosted the high school Friday Night Preseason Grid Iron Classic this past week and now the season starts this Friday with trip to Dragon Stadium in Texas for what's becoming a good annual rivalry game against Southlake Carroll. I actually enjoy going to and watching the high school games more than the college and pro games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)