2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

It was more than a few, I'll have to look for the post.

Still, it's about what's missed in a regular game. Calls are missed.
But the OBVIOUS ones should not be missed ...
The Blocked punt (would have given Georgia the ball around the 20) was clearly movement.
The Face msk missed was also huge.

Those were the obvious ones
that happened on plays that would change the momentum of the game.

Bama plays what you would think would be an ineligible player in Championship game and possibly more ...

Remember the guy that got into it with Coaches during the game ... it seems he had already been admitted to Tennessee State ..
Can you legally be admitted to one school while your already in school at another place ?

This article says he was admitted a month ago ... and he can still play elsewhere ?

Alabama LB who went after staffer will transfer

Can you legally be admitted to one school while your already in school at another place ?
Pretty simple, you just register for the following semester/quarter.

Even if you get in, you don't have to take the admission, and can stay put. Sounds like he knew his days were numbered at Alabama, so had a backup plan.
This article says he was admitted a month ago ... and he can still play elsewhere ?
Because it's going from an 1-A to a 1-AA school, he doesn't have to sit out a year.

But the OBVIOUS ones should not be missed ...
The Blocked punt (would have given Georgia the ball around the 20) was clearly movement.
Doesn't matter, the movement would have resulted in a re-kick. The blocked punt would never have stood, as a false start results in a stoppage of play, 5-yd penalty, and replay of the down.

Bama plays what you would think would be an ineligible player in Championship game and possibly more ...

Remember the guy that got into it with Coaches during the game ... it seems he had already been admitted to Tennessee State ..

Alabama LB who went after staffer will transfer
He was admitted, not enrolled. So he was NOT a student there yet.

I saw all that stuff out on net too. To me bad calls went both ways.

It was a great game that could have went either way. This time it just happened to go Alabama's way.

Instant classic!

Reactions: Ronnie- and Derwin0
Season tickets available tomorrow.
Fortunately NO Thursday night games this year. So while it's a fairly blah schedule, both our highlights (Clempson & Miami) are on Saturday, so I'll be renewing them this year (unlike 2 years ago when they put one of those on a Thursday).

Sept. 1 vs. Alcorn State – Charitable Children’s Day
Sept. 22 vs. Clemson – Hall of Fame Day
Sept. 29 vs. Bowling Green – Family Weekend / Heroes Day
Oct. 13 vs. Duke – Homecoming
Nov. 10 vs. Miami – Whiteout
Nov. 17 vs. Virginia – Senior Day / Michael Isenhour Toy Drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)