2018-2019 Fall Network Line-up (In Progress)

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
NBC:

MONDAY

8/7c: The Voice
10/9c: Manifest

TUESDAY

8/7c: The Voice
9/8c: This Is Us
10/9c: New Amsterdam

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Chicago Med
9/8c: Chicago Fire
10/9c: Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY

8/7c: Superstore
8:30/7:30c: The Good Place
9/8c: Will & Grace
9:30/8:30c: I Feel Bad
10/9c: Law & Order: SVU

FRIDAY

8/7c: Blindspot
9/8c: Midnight, Texas
10/9c: Dateline NBC

SATURDAY

8/7c: Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
10/9c: Saturday Night Live (encores)

SUNDAY

7/6c: Football Night in America
8:20/7:20c: NBC Sunday Night Football

Midseason:

The Blacklist (Fridays without hiatus)
The Village
The Enemy Within
The InBetween
Abby's (Comedy)
AGT: The Champions
Good Girls
A.P. Bio
Brooklyn Nine Nine (Move from Fox)

Last edited:
Reactions: wormil
Fox:

MONDAY

8/7c: The Resident
9/8c: 9-1-1

TUESDAY

8/7c: The Gifted
9/8c: Lethal Weapon

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Empire
9/8c: Star

THURSDAY

7:30/8:30c: Thursday Night Football Pregame Show
8/7c: NFL Football

FRIDAY

8/7c: Last Man Standing
8:30/7:30c: The Cool Kids
9:00/8:00C: ??? Probably a Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen

SATURDAY

7/6c: Fox Sports Saturday: Fox College Football

SUNDAY

7/6c: NFL on Fox
7:30/6:30c: The OT /Fox Encores
8/7c: The Simpsons
8:30/7:30c: Bob's Burgers
9/8c: Family Guy
9:30/8:30c: Rel

Midseason Replacements:

The Orville
Gotham (Final Season)
Cosmos

ABC:

MONDAY

8/7c: Dancing with the Stars
10/9c: The Good Doctor

TUESDAY

8/7c: Roseanne
8:30/7:30c: The Kids Are Alright
9/8c: black-ish
9:30/8:30c: Splitting Up Together
10/9c: The Rookie

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: The Goldbergs
8:30/7:30c: American Housewife
9/8c: Modern Family
9:30/8:30c: Single Parents
10/9c: A Million Little Things

THURSDAY

8/7c: Grey's Anatomy
9/8c: Station 19
10/9c: How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY

8/7c: Fresh Off the Boat
8:30/7:30c: Speechless
9/8c: Child Support
10/9c: 20/20

SATURDAY

8/7c: Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY

7/6c: America's Funniest Home Videos
8/7c: Dancing with the Stars: Juniors
9/8c: Shark Tank
10/9c: The Alec Baldwin Show

Midseason:

Schooled (Goldberg's spin-off)
The Fix
Grand Hotel
Whiskey Cavalier
Agents of SHIELD
For the People
American Idol

Last edited:
CBS

MONDAY

8/7c: The Neighborhood
8:30/7:30c: Happy Together
9/8c: Magnum P.I.
10/9c: Bull

TUESDAY

8/7c: NCIS
9/8c: FBI
10/9c: NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Survivor
9/8c: SEAL Team
10/9c: Criminal Minds

THURSDAY

8/7c: The Big Bang Theory
8:30/7:30c: Young Sheldon
9/8c: Mom
9:30/8:30c: Murphy Brown
10/9c: S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY

8/7c: MacGyver
9/8c: Hawaii Five-0
10/9c: Blue Bloods

SUNDAY

8/7c: God Friended Me
9/8c: NCIS: Los Angeles
10/9c: Madam Secretary

Last edited:
CW

MONDAY

8/7c: DC's Legends of Tomorrow
9/8c: Arrow

TUESDAY

8/7c: The Flash
9/8c: Black Lightning

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Riverdale
9/8c: All-American

THURSDAY

8/7c: Supernatural
9/8c: Legacies

FRIDAY

8/7c: Dynasty
9/8c: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

SUNDAY

8/7c: Supergirl
9/8c: Charmed

Last edited:
IMHO:

ABC -

Alec Baldwin. Refrain from commenting out of respect for the no politics rules.
The Kids Are Alright. A 70s period piece sitcom. Why not just watch reruns of 70s sitcoms?
The Rookie. Another cop show. Pass.
Single Parents. Aside from the physical impossibility of the title, looks like another cute kids sitcom. Pass.
A Million Little Things. Seems more like an idea for a single movie than a show. Pass.

CBS -

God Friended Me. Risky. Done right, religion warm feeling stuff can do well (touched by an angel for example). Done poorly it can alienate people.
The Neighborhood. Sound like a somewhat original idea. Will give it a shot.
Happy Together. Wayans is funny, if you can keep him focused. Will give it a shot.
Magnum PI. The original was great. If they can find actors who can pull off the same high level of work, it can be good. One question is why CBS has two Hawaii based shows with characters whose ethnic backgrounds are so at odds with the actual ethnic breakup in the 50th State.
FBI. Looks like another police show. The big news is that CBS asks the (pretty bad, IMHO) Bull show to fly the nest and stand on its own outside the cushy place after NCIS.
Murphy Brown. Refrain from commenting out of respect for the no politics rules.

Fox -

Rel. Really? Pass.
The Cool Kids. Fridays are the place for shows for the old and the old at heart. These kinds of niche shows do OK.

NBC -

Manifest. Another creepy drama from NBC. Your home for creepy dramas. Of course the search for the truth will never finish, because so would the series. Pass.
New Amsterdam. Another doctor worship show. Pass.
I Feel Bad. NBC just has not made a comedy I liked in years. Maybe because they forget about the part where the situtaion is supposed to be funny.

On deck shows of note -

The Fix. Lawyer worship show.
Grand Hotel. Sounds interesting. Love Boat-ish?
Whiskey Cavalier. NCIS LA rip off.
Proven Innocent. Lawyer worship show.
Abby's. Another take on the evergreen premise of Friends.

Stuff cancelled I will miss a little -

The Middle was OK, but had run its course.
The Last Man On Earth was a high premise, but easy to lose track of what was going on.
The Mick was an OK cute kid comedy.

I see way les shows next year for me with everything I've just grown tired of or they have just left. Maybe I can actually watch some movies.

S~

Looked at the new shows listed. The only one that interests me is The Passage. Beyond that the new season looks like a bust for new shows.

And the last to announce is the last network, the comic book network, CW.

Obviously this is niche programming, but they do get a gold star for effort, especially considering what they have to work with.

Sunday. The network returns to Sundays with the classic way to counter-program against sports. It puts two shows with strong female central characters against NBC's NFL, and Fox's tiring cartoons, and CBS's unproven religious themed show, and quickly ageing NCISLA and, yet more so Madam Secretary. They won't win, they never win, but this is what can get a niche audience in that slot.

And its new female centric show, Legacies, shows up vs. football on Thursdays. Smart.

As to the rest of the CW line up, it is almost all in the comic book/fantasy genre. One exception is All-American, which borrows heavily from The Blind Side, and before that the forgotten 1970s series The White Shadow. Might be the one show on CW that I give a shot to.

From when I got my first DVR in the very early 2000s until around 2008 or 9, I would make it a point to watch just about every new non ‘reality’ show every Fall. I think for two consecutive seasons I watched every single primetime show, sans fake ‘reality’ shows on both CBS and FOX, and watched quite a few things on NBC and never much on ABC. During that period of time, Upfront Week was like a week long Christmas in May for me. But then I discovered original programming on Showtime, HBO, FX, TNT and others and gravitated towards 10-13 episodes per season of high quality serialized TV versus 22-24 episodes of procedural crap where there is a situation of the week involving the same old recycled storylines with the old characters.

None of these new shows sound remotely interesting to me and the old stuff is losing me. Quit watching Big Bang Theory, Mom and Criminal Minds this past season. Watched the first half of Designated Survivor this year and that sucked, no surprise it got canceled. Ten years ago I probably watched 25-30 network TV shows. Now I’m down to three. Blue Bloods, Bob’s Burgers and The Simpson’s. If I had to pick one who I might check out it’s FBI. The synopsis sounds like something I would like, and Missy Peregrym is in it, she was a little hottie in Reaper. But Jeremy Sisto is in it and I absolutely cannot stand him and the characters he plays.

Taking a look at the network line ups, and it’s been this way for a while now, a good portion of the shows fall into one of three categories reboot/continuation, spinoffs or comic book/super hero.

TV is for Entertainment purposes (with the exception to the NEWS).

Way to many people take it to seriously and think they everything they watch should be the way it would be in real life.

TV shows are for Entertainment purposes people.

If you look thru these posts in this category, you continuously find people that say I don't like this or that because its Not Real ... well .... ya, its Not suppose to be real.

Then came "Reality" shows ....
What a farce, what do they think we are, theres not a Reality show out there that is anywhere close to real.

If you Like a show, Great.
If you Don't like a show, QUIT WATCHING it ....
Its really EASY to do.

I have found that as you get older, ( I don't consider myself Old, just not young anymore) you pair down what you watch, you watch what you like and don't the stuff you don't .

You watch 2 or 3 episodes of a New show and see what you think and decide from there.

I use to watch about 20-30 shows ... now I watch about 3-5 when they are on (DVR mostly and watch when I get the chance, with the exception to Sports, gotta see what I want to see LIVE).

Thanks to the DVR I don't have to be home to watch anything anymore.

Reactions: Derwin0
CBS Fall Schedule

MONDAY

8/7c: The Neighborhood

8:30/7:30c: Happy Together

9/8c: Magnum P.I.

10/9c: Bull

TUESDAY

8/7c: NCIS

9/8c: FBI

10/9c: NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Survivor

9/8c: SEAL Team

10/9c: Criminal Minds

THURSDAY

8/7c: The Big Bang Theory

8:30/7:30c: Young Sheldon

9/8c: Mom

9:30/8:30c: Murphy Brown

10/9c: S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY

8/7c: MacGyver

9/8c: Hawaii Five-0

10/9c: Blue Bloods

SUNDAY

8/7c: God Friended Me

9/8c: NCIS: Los Angeles

10/9c: Madam Secretary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)