2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

Well the game went about as I expected. Clemson came out firing and had LSU (who looked sluggish after the extended down time) on their heels. Then Burrow found that groove he had been in the last few months, and took over for a dominating win.

Congrats to the Tiger fans, enjoy this one. Yall certainly earned it with that schedule.

Sorry guys, had to post this one.
76391d032a74282793addc9852e0c5b0.jpg

Some yesterday on Huskers Nation were upset when they heard Burrow had grown up as a die-hard Nebraska fan with family members also playing for Nebraska but the university never offered him a scholarship.
IMO it's a good thing he may have never developed under the flailing Nebraska program.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Congrats to the LSU Tigers.
Watching live the large blocks of commercials were just brutal. Learned our lesson once again. Normally we give around a 1 -hour buffer on games but last night decided to try it live. Speaking of brutal the Pac12 official's hands down are the worst.
NO commercials at all on the 4k version ...
Its a shame they 4k didn't show the MAIN telecast ... they showed the Field view instead ...
Its ok to watch for a bit, but its easier to watch the National feed.

Some yesterday on Huskers Nation were upset when they heard Burrow had grown up as a die-hard Nebraska fan with family members also playing for Nebraska but the university never offered him a scholarship.
IMO it's a good thing he may have never developed under the flailing Nebraska program.
When he decided to leave Ohio State, his choices were Nebraska, Cincinnati and LSU.

After speaking to Nebraska, he said that they said he wasn't good enough. o_O

Well the game went about as I expected. Clemson came out firing and had LSU (who looked sluggish after the extended down time) on their heels. Then Burrow found that groove he had been in the last few months, and took over for a dominating win.

Congrats to the Tiger fans, enjoy this one. Yall certainly earned it with that schedule.
I agree,
My Buddy kept saying that they were getting stopped and not getting any movement on the first 3-4 drives ...
I kept telling him, give it time, they will get there.
And they did.

When he decided to leave Ohio State, his choices were Nebraska, Cincinnati and LSU.

After speaking to Nebraska, he said that they said he wasn't good enough. o_O
At that time, I can see why some schools may have thought that. Burrow today isn’t the player that was at OSU. Hell, he isn’t even the same player he was at LSU last year.

The coaching he got this season really helped him reach his potential.

Reactions: mccoyrj and Jimbo
At that time, I can see why some schools may have thought that. Burrow today isn’t the player that was at OSU. Hell, he isn’t even the same player he was at LSU last year.

That particular coach was Joe Brady which Carolina Panthers got today for their OC.

Also, ya gotta remember that he rarely played while at Ohio State, he backed up JT Barrett 1 year and Duane Haskins the next .. and moved on ...
Had he gotten the opportunity to Start at Ohio State, he very well may have become the player he is today.

It was just an unfortunate timing issue with him at Ohio State.

Fwiw, hes a Classy guy and I wish him well on Sundays .... hopefully the Bengals trade the pick for more picks.
Players careers often times go down the tubes the minute your chosen in the draft ....

How many very good to great College QB's have went to bottom feeders in the NFL and thier careers were wasted.

Hopefully Haskins isn't on that list with Washington ...

Even Watson with Houston, had he gone with an much better team, he would be the face of the league (sorry TB, A Rodgers) .... hes every bit as good as Mahomes.

That particular coach was Joe Brady which Carolina Panthers got today for their OC.
Now its up to Orgeron to come up with a Stud hiring to continue the LSU Offensive roll ..

Much like its up to Buckeyes Ryan Day to make the same call for a new D* Coordinator ...
Buckeyes lost both O and D sides that need to be replaced.

Now its up to Orgeron to come up with a Stud hiring to continue the LSU Offensive roll ..

Much like its up to Buckeyes Ryan Day to make the same call for a new D* Coordinator ...
Buckeyes lost both O and D sides that need to be replaced.

No doubt Joe Brady was a huge part in the Tigers’ success this year. Hate to see him go. Oh well, I’ve seen the Buckeyes, Tide, and all the other top teams continue without missing a beat. Hopefully Orgeron can keep this going. I’m also hoping they don’t lose current QB recruits now.

Word is Brady’s replacement could be Jorge Munoz, who has been on LSU's staff for the past two seasons as an offensive analyst and played a big role in the development of Joe Burrow. Myles Brennan will likely start at QB next year. He’s got a better arm than Burrow but wasn’t as accurate in the past. He’s been right in the middle of Brady and Burrow the past year, so hopefully he’s soaked up some of what made them successful this season.

When those assistants shine they’re seen pretty quickly and go fast, don’t they?

Reactions: Jimbo
Also, ya gotta remember that he rarely played while at Ohio State, he backed up JT Barrett 1 year and Duane Haskins the next .. and moved on ...
Had he gotten the opportunity to Start at Ohio State, he very well may have become the player he is today.

It was just an unfortunate timing issue with him at Ohio State...

Didn’t he injure his hand early on as well? That probably came into play.

Looks like the CFP Championship was slightly up viewer-wise from last year (which was one of the lowest). They need to move this game to a Saturday. Doubt it will happen though.

ESPN's College Football Championship Ratings Inch Up From Last Year
Not with the NFL playoffs going on. They would lose all the viewers who weren't fans of the two teams playing, as everyone else will be watching the NFL.

I'd rather they move the semi-finals to an earlier date and then play the Championship game on New Years Day.

Reactions: mccoyrj and osu1991
Not with the NFL playoffs going on. They would lose all the viewers who weren't fans of the two teams playing, as everyone else will be watching the NFL.

I'd rather they move the semi-finals to an earlier date and then play the Championship game on New Years Day.
The game this year just didn't seem as competitive. Maybe waiting 3 months between games didn't help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)