2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

1) 5% for a football team is close the doors time. That is wickedly high! The 5% threshold mentioned elsewhere is about the amount of testing in an area for a given population.

2) Do we know what they are testing at?
That is a month old and could be out of date.

The EPL finished up their season mercifully and Liverpool won the title. The EPL ran 14 rounds of tests. The first week had 8 positives. The third week 4. The last 11 weeks, 8 positives total, or 0.04% positive (roughly 125 times less than 5%).

So that is what is possible, IF the nation involved is taking the Covid-19 issue seriously (at the moment). The EPL was able to do it. Here is the difference.

Since the EPL restarted on June 17:
UK - 41,000 news cases (621 cases per million people)

The State of Texas - 400,000 new cases (13,793 cases per million)

It worked in the EPL because the cases in the nation weren't as bad.

And that leads us to the next issue. The NHL, isolated. NBA... except for getting wings at a strip club, isolated. These are college students... some that are actually trying to graduate college. They aren't isolated.
The Big Boy Football teams are more isolated than you think ..

Clemson had a bunch of positives very early, latest I heard they had 1.
Ohio State and TTUN are Very low.

Reactions: mccoyrj
See what happens when you try to play football during a pandemic?
Playing football has absolutely NOTHING to do with Oklahoma having 9 cases.
The fact that they left the football camp is what caused it, not playing football.

Fwiw, your gonna have Positive results from time to time ... just the way it is.

The fact that they left the football camp is what caused it, not playing football.

Fwiw, your gonna have Positive results from time to time ... just the way it is.
So, they'll just have to deal with it? Who else says that?

I keep forgetting that these guys are COLLEGE football players and the idea of them being in confinement when they need to make with actual classes and an education seems kind of awful.

As I showed with the EPL stats, no, that isn't "the way it is." That is apparently what you are willing to accept to watch under-reimbursed college students play egg ball.

I keep forgetting that these guys are COLLEGE football players and the idea of them being in confinement when they need to make with actual classes and an education seems kind of awful.

As I showed with the EPL stats, no, that isn't "the way it is." That is apparently what you are willing to accept to watch under-reimbursed college students play egg ball.
So, your saying that you have found a place that has absolutely Zero possibility of cases ...

Remember, there have been Millions that have had this and had No Issues and there are another Million that probably had it and never got tested, but were fine ...

Just because you get it doesn't mean your DEAD.

Yes, you can look at all those that have passed or have had bad cases,, but those are a small amount of the over all people .

Reactions: mccoyrj and Derwin0
So, your saying that you have found a place that has absolutely Zero possibility of cases ...
I think I I stated that the EPL had 0.04% of positives over the last 11 weeks of testing which included the remainder of their season. We should be aiming there, not accepting 9 cases on one team.

Remember, there have been Millions that have had this and had No Issues and there are another Million that probably had it and never got tested, but were fine ...
And many hospitals morgues were stuffed and they need refrigerator trucks. No one is saying this is a thriller movie level killer. However, if it kills 1% and sends 3 to 5% to the hospital, outbreaks can/have overwhelm the hospitals. We've seen this in the US.

We are supposed to be prioritizing what matters. School and work, not college football, make with the necessities until we get a vaccine. Then we can get back to college football.

I think I I stated that the EPL had 0.04% of positives over the last 11 weeks of testing which included the remainder of their season. We should be aiming there, not accepting 9 cases on one team.

And many hospitals morgues were stuffed and they need refrigerator trucks. No one is saying this is a thriller movie level killer. However, if it kills 1% and sends 3 to 5% to the hospital, outbreaks can/have overwhelm the hospitals. We've seen this in the US.

We are supposed to be prioritizing what matters. School and work, not college football, make with the necessities until we get a vaccine. Then we can get back to college football.
College football supports a good portion of these schools to be open ... that and the Boosters ... guess what, most of the boosters are tied to Football.

You must live in a Black and White world ...
Not everything has a Yes or No answer.

They're adults, if they want to play let them. Especially as many of their schools are already open for fall semester classes.

Reactions: osu1991
I want to see the whole schedule, or even Team schedules, but I think when you try to pull them up, you find the Old 2020 schedules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)