2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Guys,
Myocarditis is NOT new, they check for it every year ...
Just because its suddenly in the news, doesn't mean its new .... and its not related to the Covid ... meaning you can have it and have a happy and fine life, just because you have it doesn't mean you have Covid or vise versa.

Just like, If I have Covid doesn't mean I'm gonna die next week.

Btw, have you got your Flu shot yet ?

Reactions: Derwin0 and mccoyrj
Guys,
Just because its suddenly in the news, doesn't mean its new .... and its not related to the Covid ... meaning you can have it and have a happy and fine life, just because you have it doesn't mean you have Covid or vise versa.

I haven't done the research, but I have a gut feeling that much fewer than 1/3 of the general population of college athletes have myocarditis. Covid-19 has more than one nasty effect on many people.

Reactions: osu1991
Guys,

Do similar numbers of NCAA football players get diagnosed with Myocarditis every year, or is this specifically tied to COVID-19?

Do similar numbers of NCAA football players get diagnosed with Myocarditis every year, or is this specifically tied to COVID-19?
Myocarditis is not specific to Covid 19 ...
Its been around for quite awhile from what I've heard and read ... and it is something that athletes are checked for every year before starting the season.

I wonder what the percentage of myocarditis is in the SEC and the Big-12. I wonder if they've looked.
Yes, they have looked ... as they always do ... however, I don't have numbers, nor should I...

I would think that Hippa rules would keep players health info safe ... at least you'd hope.

Myocarditis is not specific to Covid 19 ...
Its been around for quite awhile from what I've heard and read ... and it is something that athletes are checked for every year before starting the season.

You’re still missing the point. I’m aware that it’s been around for awhile. Are the numbers of players diagnosed with it now related to COVID-19 the same or different than past years? I don’t recall seeing concerns about a rise like this in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re still missing the point. I’m aware that it’s been around for awhile. Are the numbers of players diagnosed with it now related to COVID-19 the same or different than past years? I don’t recall seeing concerns about a rise like this in the past.

Thats exactly my point .... it hasn't been talked about in the past ...

That’s exactly my point! It hasn’t been talked about, probably because the incidents were low, and now it is because incidents are up.

I think its to make Covid the reason for everything.

We don't know that the numbers are up, we just know that they pointed them out in that study.

I think its to make Covid the reason for everything.

We don't know that the numbers are up, we just know that they pointed them out in that study.

Well, this article says it’s a rare condition and that there’s been a high number of Covid-19 positive athletes that have contracted it.

According to Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic, the conference is aware of at least 10 players who have the rare heart condition myocarditis, which reportedly has a high prevalence in people who have had COVID-19.

This is considered an "alarmingly high number" of the rare condition caused by viruses and it has caused decision-makers across college athletics to reconsider their views, per Auerbach.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez is out for the MLB season because of myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart, which occurred after he contracted the coronavirus.

Well, this article says it’s a rare condition and that there’s been a high number of Covid-19 positive athletes that have contracted it.

According to Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic, the conference is aware of at least 10 players who have the rare heart condition myocarditis, which reportedly has a high prevalence in people who have had COVID-19.

This is considered an "alarmingly high number" of the rare condition caused by viruses and it has caused decision-makers across college athletics to reconsider their views, per Auerbach.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez is out for the MLB season because of myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart, which occurred after he contracted the coronavirus.

Ok, so you talk with these people that have this condition ... ALL Players have signed agreements about Covid ... and that they are ok with the outcome ... At least the teams I follow have ... If the player decides not to play, fine, if they decides to play, also fine.

What I find interesting about this statement :

The decision makers are who ?
These Doctors are talking to all the Conferences, the Big Ten says thier Drs. say No ....
However, the SEC and ACC Drs. have no problem with it ...

What does the Big Ten Drs. know that the rest don't ?
And, if they have information thats says No One should be playing, then you'd think that EVERYONE in the country would KNOW about this issue and what is so much worse that One Conference can't play, while the others can.

Thats what I want to know ... What does One set of Drs. know that the others don't ?

Ok, so you talk with these people that have this condition ... ALL Players have signed agreements about Covid ... and that they are ok with the outcome ... At least the teams I follow have ... If the player decides not to play, fine, if they decides to play, also fine.

What I find interesting about this statement :

The decision makers are who ?
These Doctors are talking to all the Conferences, the Big Ten says thier Drs. say No ....
However, the SEC and ACC Drs. have no problem with it ...

What does the Big Ten Drs. know that the rest don't ?
And, if they have information thats says No One should be playing, then you'd think that EVERYONE in the country would KNOW about this issue and what is so much worse that One Conference can't play, while the others can.

Thats what I want to know ... What does One set of Drs. know that the others don't ?

Appropriately, the goalposts are moving yet again. Lol.

The “agreements “ you’re now referring to are apparently treated differently from state to state:

This was a result of practicing, not even game conditions :

Appropriately, the goalposts are moving yet again. Lol.

The “agreements “ you’re now referring to are apparently treated differently from state to state:

This was a result of practicing, not even game conditions :

I saw the second one the other day ...

Then again, just because you have Covid doesn't mean your dead ...
Contact tracing is even worse

They said 7-8 players have it (which is bad enough) so that doesn't mean that 44 players have Covid ...
If thats the case, then anyone that has come in contact with someone that has it, is dead ....
Not the case.

We probably all have come across someone that has had it at one point or another ... did we all get sick, of course not.

Maybe we should eliminate anyone who gets the flu this year as well .... 24 hour or 2 week, doesn't matter, your done for 14 days.
Even if you feel fine and have no symptoms.

We may as well shut down ALL Stores for at least 14 days while were at it.
May as well police the neighborhoods and make sure no one leaves thier homes ...

Were all gonna die ...

I saw the second one the other day ...

Then again, just because you have Covid doesn't mean your dead ...
Contact tracing is even worse

They said 7-8 players have it (which is bad enough) so that doesn't mean that 44 players have Covid ...
If thats the case, then anyone that has come in contact with someone that has it, is dead ....
Not the case.

We probably all have come across someone that has had it at one point or another ... did we all get sick, of course not.

Maybe we should eliminate anyone who gets the flu this year as well .... 24 hour or 2 week, doesn't matter, your done for 14 days.
Even if you feel fine and have no symptoms.

We may as well shut down ALL Stores for at least 14 days while were at it.
May as well police the neighborhoods and make sure no one leaves thier homes ...

Were all gonna die ...

Wow, this discussion really has gone off the rails. I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts....

Reactions: osu1991
Wow, this discussion really has gone off the rails. I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts....

Sorry ...
I'm just getting really annoyed with the Some teams are fine to play, while others are not.
And the constant hem hawing that the Big Ten Presidents and Chancellors are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)