2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

Probably time to pack it up, wait a couple weeks, and rank teams based on their record against ranked opponents and jumble together an 8 or 12 team playoff. If MIT is allowed to join, they can entangle pairs of colleges and make it a 16 to 24 team playoff.

Outside of the obvious, Covid hitting anybody ...
It is appearing to hurt the team that is not having the outbreak as much as those not.
If your team is not responsible for having the outbreak on thier side, that team still loses points in the overall standings as they haven't played the same number of teams ...

The Big Ten went and made a Must play at least 6 games, I'm not sure if the other conferences have a minimum ...
While I agree with a minimum, it should not effect the team that was not involved with the outbreak.

Wisconsin, Did have an outbreak ... they came back and look like they are the class of the BT West, but they have already missed 2 games, 1 more from here out and they are done, regardless if it involves them or not.

That said, as far as I know, its a BT deal for the BT championship, Not the CFP .... so, would the committee vote them in without being in the BT Championship game, knowing the odd situation this year is ?
Btw, Northwestern is the Division leader, also undefeated at 4-0, while Wisconsin is 2-0.
Fortunately these teams will play .... should be a real good game.

Not the CFP .... so, would the committee vote them in without being in the BT Championship game, knowing the odd situation this year is ?
Btw, Northwestern is also in the chase.
IF enough other schools have a convincing enough resume, say 8-1 or 9-1 or 10--0, then no. Id say the committee wouldnt vote in a perhaps 6-0 or 6-1 team over them. Just my guess.

IF enough other schools have a convincing enough resume, say 8-1 or 9-1 or 10--0, then no. Id say the committee wouldnt vote in a perhaps 6-0 or 6-1 team over them. Just my guess.
The same could happen to Ohio State ... if they happen to have any of the remaining 3 come down with Covid issues, they would be at 2 missed games,, them Xichigan could screw them and say, hell with it, they have no chance in this game and concede the game ... One of the teams decided they didn't want to play, earlier in the year ... not decided by the Conference ... if that were to happen, Ohio State would potentially be 5-0 ...
Personally, I think the Indiana game this week could go either way ... I hope i'm wrong.

The Big Ten went and made a Must play at least 6 games, I'm not sure if the other conferences have a minimum ...
While I agree with a minimum, it should not effect the team that was not involved with the outbreak.
No such rule in the ACC or SEC. The ACC also dumped divisions for this year, so everyone is lumped together and the top 2 teams will play each other (ala Big 12). I wish they (and other conferences) would do like the Big Ten and add a game during Championship weekend for the teams not in it.

As it is, the Big Ten will likely dump the rule if one of it's marque teams (ie. Ohio State) is affected.

No such rule in the ACC or SEC. The ACC also dumped divisions for this year, so everyone is lumped together and the top 2 teams will play each other (ala Big 12). I wish they (and other conferences) would do like the Big Ten and add a game during Championship weekend for the teams not in it.

As it is, the Big Ten will likely dump the rule if one of it's marque teams (ie. Ohio State) is affected.
I can't see them changing a rule mid way thru though ...
If they were going to change a rule it should have been thier Starting date, which very easily could have been 2 weeks earlier.
Also change the 21 day rule to something that the rest of the Nation goes by, making it 10 or 14 days ... if its good enough for the CDC why isn't it good enough for the BT ... The ACC and SEC are a lot less.

Be there with social distancing at home or be square::cheer:cheer:cheer
maxresdefault.jpg

Be there with social distancing at home or be square::cheer:cheer:cheerView attachment 148950
There was definitely Social Distancing going on in the Buckeyes Secondary for awhile ...

Buckeye Defense has a long ways to go (on a positive, they would just be getting started to gell in most years ... hopefully that takes place quickly)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
There was definitely Social Distancing going on in the Buckeyes Secondary for awhile ...

Buckeye Defense has a long ways to go (on a positive, they would just be getting started to gell in most years ... hopefully that takes place quickly)
The best game of the BIG 10 yesterday was Michigan vs Rutgers. Rutgers should have won that game!:(

Buckeyes are having some Covid issues even with how cautious they have been ...

Coach Ryan Day is one that has it and will not Coach this weekend.

When Saban had it earlier in the year, how long are Coaches required to be out ?
Wasn't he out till he had 2 back to back negative tests ?
Seeing he was able to Coach that upcoming game.

I'm just confused with the rules seeing everyone has different rules this year.

Unknown how many others with the Buckeyes have it at this point.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Buckeyes are having some Covid issues even with how cautious they have been ...

Coach Ryan Day is one that has it and will not Coach this weekend.

When Saban had it earlier in the year, how long are Coaches required to be out ?
Wasn't he out till he had 2 back to back negative tests ?
Seeing he was able to Coach that upcoming game.

I'm just confused with the rules seeing everyone has different rules this year.

Unknown how many others with the Buckeyes have it at this point.
Does that mean he has to quarantine for 21 days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)