2020 Dish Price Increases Announced

Your post validates my question. There was a $10 difference in the Top 120 and Top 120+. Beginning in January 2020, it will only be $5 difference.

Here is a snippet from the contract I signed in December of 2018. It shows a $10 difference also. I'm trying to figure out when the Top 120 went up more than the Top 120+.

pricefreeze.JPG

No DVR fee increase? No other fees increased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your post validates my question. There was a $10 difference in the Top 120 and Top 120+. Beginning in January 2020, it will only be $5 difference.

Here is a snippet from the contract I signed in December of 2018. It shows a $10 difference also. I'm trying to figure out when the Top 120 went up more than the Top 120+.

View attachment 142282

I want to say the change was 2 or 3 years ago. Right now on the Dish homepage, the promotional price for Top 120 is $59.99 and Top 120+ is $69.99, but the actual price is $79.99 and $84.99 respectively. (comparing apples to apples so they both have locals included) So basically Top 120 gets a $20 monthly discount and Top 120+ gets a $15 monthly discount during the promotional period.

With all these price increase you would think most everything would be in HD.
Imo Hd is now a standard in tv.

Watching SD is really terrible and generic now.

My kids are alot older now and was thinking that they would at least get DISNEY JR in Hd.

I enjoy watching Everybody Loves Raymond, but couldnt watch it on TV LAND because the picture quality is horrible.

The disputes as well with the regional sports etc.

Dish needs to catch up on the times...

Just remembering the days when DISH led the way with HD/ VOOM and the DIsh TURBO HD packages..

What happened DISH you were the leader in HD...?

With all these price increase you would think most everything would be in HD.
Imo Hd is now a standard in tv.

Watching SD is really terrible and generic now.

My kids are alot older now and was thinking that they would at least get DISNEY JR in Hd.

I enjoy watching Everybody Loves Raymond, but couldnt watch it on TV LAND because the picture quality is horrible.

The disputes as well with the regional sports etc.

Dish needs to catch up on the times...

Just remembering the days when DISH led the way with HD/ VOOM and the DIsh TURBO HD packages..

What happened DISH you were the leader in HD...?

After 20+ years with Dish we have put on account on Dish pause.. Sad, very sad. Hated to do it...

It seems like last year there was a $10 difference between the Top 120 and the Top 120+. Now, they're only showing $5 difference, yet each only went up $5.

Did the Top 120 package go up $10 the first of 2019?
As babnmn shows above, the regular rates for 120 and 120+ differ by $5, but the price lock values differ by $10, because the 120 was discounted $5 more than 120+ was.

Reactions: pattykay
So Dish dropped my regional sports channels to keep prices low and now they are raising prices $5 and charging me an extra $1 for regional channels I don't even get. I love Dish and never wanted to say this, but I am done.
Yes, and Welcome Pack also gets hit with the $5 increase, and we never had the regional sports channels in the first place. :wtf2

This just goes to prove my point that Dish is bundling the bulk of the cost of the regional sports networks into the base package price (for all packages, whether you actually receive the regional sports networks or not). Then, for the few areas that have slightly more expensive regional sports networks, the (modest) surcharge is necessary, rather than itemize the entire cost of the regional sports networks as a separate line-item. The fact that all packages (in all regions) are getting hit with this increase may go toward proving Tampa8's theory that Dish is planning to bring back the regional sports networks that are currently in dispute.

If you want to watch these channels in HD, you have to stream them through Dish Anywhere. In the Dish Anywhere Guide there is a switch at the top to toggle to show Live Stream channels. Then, select the channel you want to stream from the Guide.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
As babnmn shows above, the regular rates for 120 and 120+ differ by $5, but the price lock values differ by $10, because the 120 was discounted $5 more than 120+ was.
Yes, that is correct. I explained all of this in my post number 65, showing the various discounts that each of the eligible packages get.

Yes, that is correct. I explained all of this in my post number 65, showing the various discounts that each of the eligible packages get.
That is interesting. The link goes directly to the correct post, but the quote shown (in the box containing the link) is from the first post on that page, not my post.

This just goes to prove my point that Dish is bundling the bulk of the cost of the regional sports networks into the base package price (for all packages, whether you actually receive the regional sports networks or not)
This proves nothing. This tells me that the cost of all the other channels that Dish carries has gone up. Yearly price increases are built into contracts with channel owners, even ones that aren't up for renewal for years.

Here's more proof. The DMA I live in had 2 RSNs, both that were removed, and it has no surcharge. The DMA I currently pay for only has one RSN, which is still active, and it shows a $1 surcharge.

Reactions: NYDutch
This proves nothing. This tells me that the cost of all the other channels that Dish carries has gone up. Yearly price increases are built into contracts with channel owners, even ones that aren't up for renewal for years.

Here's more proof. The DMA I live in had 2 RSNs, both that were removed, and it has no surcharge. The DMA I currently pay for only has one RSN, which is still active, and it shows a $1 surcharge.
And do you really think that it only costs Dish $1 per month to carry that RSN? (Or more realistically, that it costs Dish less than $1 per month to carry that RSN, since Dish would still want to make a profit on the channel, rather than sell it at cost?) The rest of the actual cost of that RSN must be coming from somewhere, and I suspect it is the cause of that huge sucking sound coming from all of our wallets.

Yes, because Dish is notorious for overcharging. Want something cheaper, go out and find it. I realize that if Dish no longer works, there is no other cable/sat option that will be able to beat them in price and that’ll be that and I’ll be IPTV.

And do you really think that it only costs Dish $1 per month to carry that RSN? (Or more realistically, that it costs Dish less than $1 per month to carry that RSN, since Dish would still want to make a profit on the channel, rather than sell it at cost?) The rest of the actual cost of that RSN must be coming from somewhere, and I suspect it is the cause of that huge sucking sound coming from all of our wallets.
No, but I think the RSN costs them $1 more than last year, but instead of increasing the package prices by $6 for some, and $5 for others, and even $8 for those with a $3 surcharge, they separated out the increases into surcharges for all it applied to.

It'll be interesting to see what they do for Flex Pack, who don't have the regional action pack. Will the surcharge be added when the regional action pack is added, or will it always be there? Or will the action pack just go up from $12 to $13?

No, but I think the RSN costs them $1 more than last year, but instead of increasing the package prices by $6 for some, and $5 for others, and even $8 for those with a $3 surcharge, they separated out the increases into surcharges for all it applied to.
Okay, but why is it $5 for others, even those who lost RSN's, and those who never had RSN's to begin with? Did the combined cost of all of the other channels really go up enough this year to account for the regularly-scheduled increase and have an additional increase on top of that, that would offset the savings from dropping the RSN's? If the increase is entirely due to the increased cost of the other channels, then shouldn't the packages with the fewest channels also have had the smallest increase? This should be especially true for Welcome Pack, since the bulk of the channels in the package (such as shopping channels and religious channels) are paying Dish to be carried. Surely Dish must have increased the amount per subscriber that they are charging these channels, just as the other channel owners have increased the amount that they charge Dish, right?

It'll be interesting to see what they do for Flex Pack, who don't have the regional action pack. Will the surcharge be added when the regional action pack is added, or will it always be there? Or will the action pack just go up from $12 to $13?
The surcharge will be added to the Regional Action Pack as a separate line-item. The box explaining the surcharge lists Regional Sports Pack as one of the packages that will be affected, as shown in this post:

The fine print at the bottom of the page linked in the first post also lists the Regional Action Pack as one of the packages affected by the surcharge: Request Rejected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)