2021-22 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
People that think there are “too many bowls” should visit this site

www.remotes.com

They will fix your right up.

As to the playoffs, the less the better. The pre-BCS system was the best.

*spit take*

The 4 team playoff based on rankings from teams competing in asymmetric schedules is silly, but not nearly as silly as judging who is the best team based on completely asymmetric schedules based on press votes. The playoff at least forces "the best" teams to play each other.

And while the 4-team playoff has people argue whether maybe the 5th or 6th place teams should have been in it instead, the arguments about the National Champion are far fewer than they were in "the good ole days".

Yes.

If you want college football to be AAA NFL, with a long grinding playoff to determine one and only one champion, and everybody else is a POS.

Going to the Sugar Bowl, or the Gator Bowl, Rose Bowl, even the Independence Bowl, having a good year, etc. used to be significant. The national championship was extra, not the one and only be all and end all of the sport. Lots of teams could finish off a season with pride and accomplishment.

If you want a soul crushing race to one and only one champion (and, memo, that ain’t your team nor will it ever be for 95% of college programs) then your game is on Sundays.

I personally love the bowl games. I also love the playoffs and will take as many as they want to give us within reason. If it means more college football then, I'm in. I've watched every bowl except the ones that conflicted with each other then I was flipping back and forth. I also put small wagers on them (Draftkings) to make it more fun. But I'm talking tiny dollars, like 10-20/game. Just a reason to cheer for one team or the over/under. I don't understand why anyone wants less games. If you don't want to watch them or don't care, then just don't watch. Why let the concern bother you even in the slightest? It isn't like you are not getting something else you want just because they are playing bowl games right?

Yes.

If you want college football to be AAA NFL, with a long grinding playoff to determine one and only one champion, and everybody else is a POS.

Going to the Sugar Bowl, or the Gator Bowl, Rose Bowl, even the Independence Bowl, having a good year, etc. used to be significant. The national championship was extra, not the one and only be all and end all of the sport. Lots of teams could finish off a season with pride and accomplishment.

If you want a soul crushing race to one and only one champion (and, memo, that ain’t your team nor will it ever be for 95% of college programs) then your game is on Sundays.
The problem, is there are too many schools in the BCS. When only 6 have a shot at winning. Reformat the BCS like Premier league. The top teams compete.

Realign the schools so you don't compete in conference. Have a top 32 league. They Split it into 16 teams each side.

Reactions: Yespage
People that think there are “too many bowls” should visit this site

www.remotes.com

They will fix your right up.

As to the playoffs, the less the better. The pre-BCS system was the best.
pre BCS ????
You mean when 2 top teams didn't normally play, they were tied to a particular bowl game at that time.
When you had a bunch of people just decided to vote who they wanted to win it and that was it ... as long as they won thier bowl game against Anybody, they won, so vote them #1 ????

Also, I like this way better than the BCS ... at least this way you have people that actually watch the games and decide.

That said, its always been a choice that someone has made to determine who goes, it will always be that way ... the computers were not a good way ... Anyone can make a computer say whatever they wanted it to.

They still choose who they want in, but at least the teams play one another.
I personally would like to see an 8 team field ... but I think the 12 that is being talked about is too many.

Reactions: Yespage and AZ.
pre BCS ????
You mean when 2 top teams didn't normally play, they were tied to a particular bowl game at that time.
When you had a bunch of people just decided to vote who they wanted to win it and that was it ... as long as they won thier bowl game against Anybody, they won, so vote them #1 ????

Also, I like this way better than the BCS ... at least this way you have people that actually watch the games and decide.

That said, its always been a choice that someone has made to determine who goes, it will always be that way ... the computers were not a good way ... Anyone can make a computer say whatever they wanted it to.

They still choose who they want in, but at least the teams play one another.
I personally would like to see an 8 team field ... but I think the 12 that is being talked about is too many.
Take the computers out of it. Make it record only. Match up the top 30 teams and have a real league. A real playoff and a real champion.

Take the computers out of it. Make it record only. Match up the top 30 teams and have a real league. A real playoff and a real champion.
They added the computer part to try and make it more accurate....Its not 100% computer its a 1/3 of it...You must not have been around before BCS as many years there was no true champion maybe 2 or 3 teams who were undefeated and no clear winner.

Reactions: Derwin0
I prefer it to be a field of teams that at least have a chance ... top 30 teams, you KNOW no team in the lower half has a prayer unless they were ranked low intentionally.
30 teams would take up too much time ....

They added the computer part to try and make it more accurate....Its not 100% computer its a 1/3 of it...You must not have been around before BCS as many years there was no true champion maybe 2 or 3 teams who were undefeated and no clear winner.
And that was a horribly biased system. Make it based on record only. Drop the number of schools. Get rid of conference play and make a real league.

I prefer it to be a field of teams that at least have a chance ... top 30 teams, you KNOW no team in the lower half has a prayer unless they were ranked low intentionally.
30 teams would take up too much time ....
It works for the NFL.

And WHO determines the value of said team ....
You have 120 teams, whos determining those top 30 ?
It's hard enough usually to rank the top 20, now 25 with any clarity past the top 10.

And WHO determines the value of said team ....
You have 120 teams, whos determining those top 30 ?
It's hard enough usually to rank the top 20, now 25 with any clarity past the top 10.
Base it on record. You can easily pick out the bad teams. Those that have no business being there.

They added the computer part to try and make it more accurate....Its not 100% computer its a 1/3 of it..
And they also threw out the top and bottom computer rankings to keep it more even within the computer component.

I actually think the BCS selection system was pretty good, and had I had a say, they would have kept the selection process as that, and just added two more teams to have a four team playoff like we do now.

Reactions: AZ. and lakebum431
Base it on record. You can easily pick out the bad teams. Those that have no business being there.
I can find at least 10 or more teams that could be undefeated thru the year most years .... going by record isn't going to work as everyone would quit playing tough teams and play cupcakes.
How many times does Bama get to play Western Carolina before a Big game ?

I personally love the bowl games. I also love the playoffs and will take as many as they want to give us within reason. If it means more college football then, I'm in. I've watched every bowl except the ones that conflicted with each other then I was flipping back and forth. I also put small wagers on them (Draftkings) to make it more fun. But I'm talking tiny dollars, like 10-20/game. Just a reason to cheer for one team or the over/under. I don't understand why anyone wants less games. If you don't want to watch them or don't care, then just don't watch. Why let the concern bother you even in the slightest? It isn't like you are not getting something else you want just because they are playing bowl games right?
Some people will just never be happy....

Status
Not open for further replies.