2021-22 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you think of the call to end the game (in OT, forward progress) I could see both sides.
Same here. I originally thought the player was down, but the replay clearly showed he was on top of the defensive player and therefore wasn’t down by contact. The whistle came after his arm moved the ball into the end zone. I’d say it was a TD.

But, I also thought Hooker went out of bounds on the previous 4th down play before reaching the line to make, but there wasn’t any replay on that so I just figured I didn’t have the clear view.

Yeah, it was a defensive struggle. 90 total points in Regulation makes for good Sports Center Highlights, though.

Reactions: Jimbo
I’ll just apologize to lakebum431 for the officiating during the Music City Bowl. I’m not sure what Tennessee did to the ACC to make the refs put the TN players under a microscope and let the Boilers get away with a couple of defensive holds; I would rather see the game determined by the players’ skill and spirit than some arbitrary enforcement of rules based on which team broke them.

But sometimes the flags fly your way, so I’m going to take a Boilermaker 9-Win Season in 2021! Or, should I say, the Spoilermakers? ;)
Was a fun game, but some of the calls were bad. The OT call was absurd. The runner's feet were still moving forward. Seemed very inconsistent. There has been a lot of talk about that being the same crew that was previously suspended by the ACC for blowing the end of the Duke game. Sure doesn't seem like they have what it takes to officiate at this level. Used to be that bowl games were a reward to good officiating crews (because they get an extra check), but with so many bowls now I don't think it is the case any longer. That said, we should have won a couple other times and let it get away. My parents are actually both Purdue grads (my mom also has her master's from TN) and my mom's 4 sisters and brother all went to Purdue so I generally have a very positive attitude about Purdue. Really like your coach. I think it was pretty close for him to come to TN a few years ago, but it didn't work out. Oh well.

Reactions: Foxbat
I still Hate the idea that your allowed to push and or pull your player .... the Tennessee guy was trying to pull the ball carrier across the goal line (didn't work, but could have).
That happened to ND and it cost them the national title against USC. If I remember last game of the year? That goes back 30 years

This playoff system is so screwed up. Why play the official playoff games before the other major bowls that mean nothing.

Reactions: Radioguy41
This playoff system is so screwed up. Why play the official playoff games before the other major bowls that mean nothing.
Agree but it's worse even than that. One lousy bowl game on network TV on New Year's Day? Used to be you could watch bowl games all day on the networks, now you have to have ESPN or you're SOL. That's sad.

Agree but it's worse even than that. One lousy bowl game on network TV on New Year's Day? Used to be you could watch bowl games all day on the networks, now you have to have ESPN or you're SOL. That's sad.
The Rose Bowl should always be on ABC.

So hopefully when they expand the playoffs to 8 teams they play the majors all day on New Years Day, then have the semis the week after and the Championship after that. Play all the useless bowls by Christmas week.

Reactions: AZ.
Because they HAVE to have it on NYE whenever possible .... then wonder why ratings suck.
Then again, if either of them were a good game, that would help.

Just think, if the generation behind me gets thier way, it won't be on ANY channel, ,you'll have to pay more money to have a larger Internet package so you can afford to have UNLIMITED data ....
Sadly, in a few years it will all be streaming, so anyone without, won't be able to see any of them.

Because they HAVE to have it on NYE whenever possible .... then wonder why ratings suck.
Then again, if either of them were a good game, that would help.
They have over 60 crappy games they can put on before the big ones.

They have over 60 crappy games they can put on before the big ones.
They really need to slim the bowl games back down to about 20 games ... that way you have to at least HAVE a good year to get in. In my world, you should be no less than 2 games above .500 to make a bowl game.

Reactions: Derwin0
I’ll never complain about too much football. If they want to keep the lesser bowls, so be it.

As to what it shown on? Meh. I haven’t missed any that I’ve tried to watch.

Like I figured, Bama vs Georgia for the ship. Could see that coming when announced.

Reactions: lakebum431
They really need to slim the bowl games back down to about 20 games ... that way you have to at least HAVE a good year to get in. In my world, you should be no less than 2 games above .500 to make a bowl game.
It’s not like they have 11-2 teams playing 6-6 teams regularly. So if it gives us more games to watch, I’m fine with it.

I’d prefer on campus games though instead of these traveling shows. If they want to make a change, that’s what I would change. (Outside of the major bowls I mean).

They need better matchups. So many blowouts.
I’m not so sure how you would go about ensuring that.

Different teams with the similar records get matched up, and they don’t play the same competition through the year.

Hence the championship game.

I’m not so sure how you would go about ensuring that.

Different teams with the similar records get matched up, and they don’t play the same competition through the year.

Hence the championship game.
Matchup the best teams. Not sorry you lost a game you drop 10 spots.

It’s not like they have 11-2 teams playing 6-6 teams regularly. So if it gives us more games to watch, I’m fine with it.

I’d prefer on campus games though instead of these traveling shows. If they want to make a change, that’s what I would change. (Outside of the major bowls I mean).
I think your going to see On Campus games IF it goes to 12 team playoff like some are thinking.

I’ll never complain about too much football. If they want to keep the lesser bowls, so be it.

As to what it shown on? Meh. I haven’t missed any that I’ve tried to watch.

Like I figured, Bama vs Georgia for the ship. Could see that coming when announced.
Let hope IT's a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)