2021-22 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny that after Texas and Oklahoma bolted for the SEC, the B10 stood on the moral high ground stump and criticized the SEC for destabilizing college football.

Even going so far as to form the "Alliance" with the ACC and hahaha, the Pac 12 to counter the "threat".

The Pac wasnt even looking when their partner conference slit their throat.
I think the Big Ten just doesn't want to be left when no other Top teams are left .
USC could have went to the SEC just as well ...
You just never know when the SEC will continue to ruin College Football by poaching even more teams.

I much proffered when we has multiple conferences and fun deciding who was best in the playoffs .

Soon we'll have 2 or 3 conferences which will amount to a few Top teams and the other 25 teams in the conference playing for nothing.

FF miles will add up fast.

FWhKneQXwAMvpv9

Plus will one side like the 9am start times, and the other the 10pm ones?

Reactions: Foxbat
Man, I remember when conferences used to play each other. Now conferences are too huge to do that. Also, can we stop calling them conferences and call them what they are, cartels? At some point, these colleges really need to come to terms with what their actual goals are here.

Reactions: osu1991
FF miles will add up fast.

FWhKneQXwAMvpv9

Plus will one side like the 9am start times, and the other the 10pm ones?
That's what makes this so absurd. Wait until they spend a couple of years traveling back and forth across the country to play half their games 3 time zones away and ALL in colder climates. They may find that all is not gold that glitters.

That's what makes this so absurd. Wait until they spend a couple of years traveling back and forth across the country to play half their games 3 time zones away and ALL in colder climates. They may find that all is not gold that glitters.
One word, Big Ten Network.

Three words!

Rutgers wasn't added to the Big Ten because of its football program, but relative to the populations it is located around.

One word, Big Ten Network.

Three words!

Rutgers wasn't added to the Big Ten because of its football program, but relative to the populations it is located around.
Of which 99.99% could not care less about Rutgers sports, or Rutgers at all.

College sports just don’t work everywhere, no matter what they try to say. It works best in the south, and the rural Midwest. Being IN a place, and being SIGNIFICANT IN a place are very different things.

Reactions: Derwin0
Of which 99.99% could not care less about Rutgers sports, or Rutgers at all.

College sports just don’t work everywhere, no matter what they try to say. It works best in the south, and the rural Midwest. Being IN a place, and being SIGNIFICANT IN a place are very different things.
The point was about local must carry now carriage of the Big Ten Network in areas with large populations. California is a huge gain. There, and why Rutgers is in the Big Ten.

The point was about local must carry now carriage of the Big Ten Network in areas with large populations. California is a huge gain. There, and why Rutgers is in the Big Ten.
Yep, big gain for the TV network but it has nothing to do with USC and UCLA having to fly back and forth across country (you've heard of jet lag?) and going from 80 degrees to 30 degrees for half their conference games every year. These aren't the pros where they can fly in two days early to get acclimated, these are school kids who have classes to attend. Believe me it wears thin after the shine has worn off. We'll see.

Yep, big gain for the TV network but it has nothing to do with USC and UCLA having to fly back and forth across country (you've heard of jet lag?) and going from 80 degrees to 30 degrees for half their conference games every year. These aren't the pros where they can fly in two days early to get acclimated, these are school kids who have classes to attend. Believe me it wears thin after the shine has worn off. We'll see.
I think the mistake you are making here is presuming that this has anything to do with the sport. College Football is about one thing, one thing only, money.

I think the mistake you are making here is presuming that this has anything to do with the sport. College Football is about one thing, one thing only, money.
I'm not forgetting anything, you seem hung up on the network money end. I'm talking about wins and losses and if you don't think the USC and UCLA boosters wield a whole lot of power when it comes to failed programs you need to study up. When a single booster donates $100M or even $200M the school's share of that network money pales in comparison. The number one group a college football program wants to keep happy are it's boosters (especially since the ruling that players can be payed) and that means a winning program. I think these two schools just made that more difficult for themselves. As I said, we'll see.

Wait until they spend a couple of years traveling back and forth across the country to play half their games 3 time zones away and ALL in colder climates. They may find that all is not gold that glitters.
USC has been traveling to South Bend, IN, to play Notre Dame every other year, so they knew what they were getting in to. But I’m still a little in shock about my Boilers having to face two new unknown (to them) opponents. It will be a challenge for the Boilermakers basketball team to face UCLA.

Yeah. As long as the linear model is a thing. We have posters on here that are convinced it is dying.

But, the broader point is that if you look at the ratings, market by market, one thing comes clear. College football is FAR less popular in the east coast, and then the Pacific coast, than it is in the heartland of America.

Good .... those need to go Somewhere.
Don't know how soon that is suppose to happen, but we've heard that Oregon and Washington could come to the Big Ten as well. After the Big Ten figures out that ND will turn them down again.
They WANT ND ... for some reason.

As far as I'm concerned, ND has had thier chance for the last 10 years and refused ... I hope they get left out of All conferences ... when it come to the playoffs, they haven't played the same number of games against equal competition, they are OUT.

Clemson and ND are the last big shoes to fall. What conference do they go to.
I heard today that ND is going to STAY Independent ... as long as they can ...
I think they will hold out till it comes to them Not included in the Playoffs without being in a Conference.

If and when ... push comes to shove, I think it will be them going to the Big 10 .... I don't think they really want to be in the ACC, when it all comes down to it.

A Buddy (ND fan) says they have the NBC contract, so they are good and have no reason to go to a conference ...
Except I heard today that the NBC contract pales to what these conferences WILL be getting ... and the NBC contract is up in 2025 (I think it was) ...
Also, I heard that NBC may jump in and bid on the Big Ten for TV rights ... we shall see.
I heard a lot of this on SXM ESPN U today.

Unfortunately, Mark Packer is no longer on Sirius.

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Not open for further replies.