2021-22 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Jimbo
I'd take the NFL over college. In a perfect world. Each team gets two positions then sudden death. The college ball on the 20 and everyone gets a participation trophy is stupid.
Where do you get a participation trophy in College OT ?

The "You have to go for 2 after the 2nd score" needs to go.

I don't even remember who has it, I think its college now, thats just BAD.

I like the College version till they added the having to go for 2 part.
I would do away with the having to go for 2 and move the ball back to the 40 yard line or maybe even the 50 yard line and start from there, this way the whole game gets played. You can score or Try a FG or have to PUNT.
At least the game is still in play.

Reactions: Derwin0
Don’t call it a third fifth overtime. There is no clock, they are only playing downs. Play a normal overtime. They make it sound like it’s an epic 6 OT game when it isn’t.

Reactions: Jimbo
A "normal" OT is usually determined by who wins the coin toss and kicks a FG. The college OT resolves the game quickly and in an exciting and legitimate fashion.

I disagree, I'd have to say the NFL's is worse.

I do think college needs to go back to how it was before they turned the 3rd (and future) possessions into 2 yard plays.
I think the NFL makes a change this year.

I think the NFL makes a change this year.
Doubtful, there have been complaints for many years over OT games ending before the other team has a chance to touch the field, yet nothing ever changes.

And since teams that win the coin toss only win 52.8% of the time (just over half), the league has never seen a reason to change things.

Reactions: AZ.
Discussing things is a far cry from actually changing them. Yeah, they'll talk about them (again), and decide to keep them as is (again).

Like I said, the Bills/Chiefs game was far from the 1st game to be decided before the coin toss loser took the field.

The last OT rules change was back in 2010, where they made it that the coin toss winner making a field goal did not end the game (allowing the other team a single possession to tie or win), still allowing an opening touchdown to win.

Reactions: AZ.
Discussing things is a far cry from actually changing them. Yeah, they'll talk about them (again), and decide to keep them as is (again).

Like I said, the Bills/Chiefs game was far from the 1st game to be decided before the coin toss loser took the field.
If enough owners complain they will change it. Make it 2 possessions in overtime then sudden death.

If enough owners complain they will change it. Make it 2 possessions in overtime then sudden death.
Yeah, if enough owners complain. Not enough are, are they are happy with how it is (with half the coin toss winners winning and half losing).

Yeah, if enough owners complain. Not enough are, are they are happy with how it is (with half the coin toss winners winning and half losing).
The problem is not enough games go to overtime. It's only an issue in the playoffs.

The problem is not enough games go to overtime. It's only an issue in the playoffs.
It's always been an issue, and never changed. The Falcons lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots in OT on the Patriots opening drive, yet the rules remained as is.

Owners are quite happy to leave things as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.