2022-23 MLB Hot Stove Discussion

Very good chance they Keep Yuli Gurriel as well as a bench guy !

I also read a report that Mike Trout could be looking to the Astros, they do seem to want a bonified CF ... that would do it.
I had no problem with Chaz McCormick, but if they want to Upgrade, Great !

Not sure if the Stros would pull that trigger or not, it would be Quite costly I think, by the way, that report came from Trout looking, not the Stros inquiring.
What kind of payroll are the Stros at? Yankee, Dodger territory now?

What kind of payroll are the Stros at? Yankee, Dodger territory now?
Getting close to the cap, what was it 187 I think ... they haven't signed Verlander yet either, If they do.
Not really a cap, just the threshold to get fined over.

I believe the Astros have gone over, several times previously.

Reactions: AZ.
IF the Red Sox don't resign Xander, would the go after Correa ?

According to Peter Gammons it looks like Bogaerts is going to officially cut ties with the Red Sox.

And you know what? I don’t blame him. Bloom is trying to turn this into Tampa Bay north, so screw him!

As far as Correa signing with the Sox goes….. I give that two chances- slim and none.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

According to Peter Gammons it looks like Bogaerts is going to officially cut ties with the Red Sox.

And you know what? I don’t blame him. Bloom is trying to turn this into Tampa Bay north, so screw him!

As far as Correa signing with the Sox goes….. I give that two chances- slim and none.

After hearing about the Sox today, I agree ...

He's doing a pretty good job of making them the Cheapskate Tampa Bay North.

Reactions: BillD1984
How does Shohei Ohtani win the Top DH award ???

He Pitches every 4th or 5th day and plays the outfield on other days.

That award should go to guys that are strictly DH's

Ohtani is strictly a DH on non pitching days. I don’t think he played one game in the outfield in 2022.

Here’s Ohtani’s games by position

IMG_0620.JPG