2022-23 MLB Hot Stove Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reactions: BillD1984
The Sox made a very fair offer.

View: https://twitter.com/alexspeier/status/1600741855079329792?s=46&t=3sdcBU3Z72nUSyadPAEMCQ

I’m glad they didn’t go 11 years. That’s just crazy.

Same here. The Sox were never going to go 11 years. The problem I have with the Red Sox is it never should have got this far. When Marcus Semien signed with the Rangers last offseason, multiple reports were saying that Bogaerts would accept a similar contract (7 year/$175M). The fact that they got in a bidding war with the suddenly reckless Padres is on them.

Fjb-RqxXgAACs_a

• Haha
Reactions: Don in CT
Oh yeah, Benintendi too. And to make matters worse, the guy they got for Benintendi (Franchy Cordero) has been released. How to dismantle a 119 win World Series team by Chaim Bloom. Absolutely sickening.
The Yankees want to resign Benintendi.

Oh yeah, Benintendi too. And to make matters worse, the guy they got for Benintendi (Franchy Cordero) has been released. How to dismantle a 119 win World Series team by Chaim Bloom. Absolutely sickening.
All in the name of saving money ...
I knew when he came in from Tampa that That was the direction they would go, Tampa does the same thing ... thats ok for a small market team, but Boston is Not ... the sooner Bloom leaves the better.

All in the name of saving money ...
I knew when he came in from Tampa that That was the direction they would go, Tampa does the same thing ... thats ok for a small market team, but Boston is Not ... the sooner Bloom leaves the better.
It’s ownership. They are cheap.

Then Mr. Bloom was the exact perfect person for them, and Red Sox fans may have to wait till they sell to see another WS .... :oldmad
The discussion in Boston is that ownership cares more about their other ventures than the Red Sox.

From the Chicago Tribune, more than2 billion was spent at the winter meetings this year.

The Mets Steve Cohen payroll is now $349 million, and the luxury tax will be another $70 million on top of that!
WOW!

From the Chicago Tribune, more than2 billion was spent at the winter meetings this year.

The Mets Steve Cohen payroll is now $349 million, and the luxury tax will be another $70 million on top of that!
WOW!
You can do that when you have 40 Billion dollars .....
And theres no Hard cap for teams .