2022-23 MLB Hot Stove Discussion

I agree, I want Iglesias at SS Or 2B .... much better defender. No bat, but at least he can defend.

When Iglesias came up through the Red Sox system (he was rated their #1 prospect at one time) he was viewed as a great glove/light hitting shortstop. He has since evolved into a decent ML hitter. After the Sox acquired him off waivers in early September 2021, he played pretty regularly and hit close to .400 over the last 3 weeks of the season. Unfortunately because he was acquired past the date you have to be on the roster to have postseason eligibility, he couldn’t be part of the Red Sox postseason run. At this stage of his career Iglesias isn’t the greatest solution to plug in there to replace Bogaerts, BUT the Red Sox could do a LOT worse than him. Besides, he would only be a one year stop gap.

Unfortunately, Chaim came on board to NOT WIN , but to only save Money ....

Agreed!! But as much as I can’t stand Bloom, Red Sox management knew exactly what they were getting when they hired him. IMO, THAT has to be the most disconcerting part going forward.

When Iglesias came up through the Red Sox system (he was rated their #1 prospect at one time) he was viewed as a great glove/light hitting shortstop. He has since evolved into a decent ML hitter. After the Sox acquired him off waivers in early September 2021, he played pretty regularly and hit close to .400 over the last 3 weeks of the season. Unfortunately because he was acquired past the date you have to be on the roster to have postseason eligibility, he couldn’t be part of the Red Sox postseason run. At this stage of his career Iglesias isn’t the greatest solution to plug in there to replace Bogaerts, BUT the Red Sox could do a LOT worse than him. Besides, he would only be a one year stop gap.

Agreed!! But as much as I can’t stand Bloom, Red Sox management knew exactly what they were getting when they hired him. IMO, THAT has to be the most disconcerting part going forward.
Oh I agree, They got what they wanted, a Cheap skate that wants to show you can run a club under $100M

Sure you can do it, they never have a chance to Win unless you happen to get Very Lucky.

Sad day for Sox Fans when he came on board.

Reactions: BillD1984
Oh I agree, They got what they wanted, a Cheap skate that wants to show you can run a club under $100M

Sure you can do it, they never have a chance to Win unless you happen to get Very Lucky.

Sad day for Sox Fans when he came on board.

At this point Boston’s estimated 2023 payroll is $190M

Strange that there’s 4 teams on this list.

BTW, never heard of Niko Kavadas.

IMG_2240.JPG

According to the info at the link I posted, it was $221M at the end of the 2022 season.
Well they lost Xander off the list, so that is quit a bit ...

Chaim is doing Chaim things, went from 221 to 190M , thats the cheapskate I was talking about.

Who will he try to cut next and hire someone cheaper ...

Is there ANYTHING that Manford Won't Change while he's in office ?

Anyone know when Manfords contract is up ?

We had 4 divisions 40 years ago .... no need to go back in time.

Is there ANYTHING that Manford Won't Change while he's in office ?

Anyone know when Manfords contract is up ?

We had 4 divisions 40 years ago .... no need to go back in time.
This is just a thought bubble by a columnist. Never will see the light of day.