2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

They don't have the QB to win this year or next at this point.
Who doesn't? Georgia, Ohio State, or Alabama?

Because in years where they say Ohio State has the best quarterback, they still lost to the SEC, case in point, Justin Fields losing to Alabama's Mac Jones 52-24.

Who doesn't? Georgia, Ohio State, or Alabama?

Because in years where they say Ohio State has the best quarterback, they still lost to the SEC, case in point, Justin Fields losing to Alabama's Mac Jones 52-24.
Ohio State doesn't have the QB this year, or next for that matter, if McCord wins it next year.
When Air Noland comes on board then we will have a quality QB again, at least from what were hearing.

IF Justin Fields or CJ Stroud had this team, we would Win it all ....
Hell, they almost won it all Last year with a Crap D.

Jim Knowles Has made thier D MUCH Better in year 2.

Heres a look at the potential scenarios of next weeks game and how it helps/hurts the Buckeyes ...

Looks like the Orange Bowl for the Buckeyes vs Louisville via previous Bowl tie ins ...
I hate bowl tie ins .... pre determined games ... yuck.

I can find Many more compelling games for the Buckeyes to play in.

There is NO History with Louisville at all.

There is NO History with Louisville at all.
Blame the Bowl tie-in's.

Orange Bowl is contracted to take the highest ranked ACC team if the the Champion is in the playoffs, that is Louisville.

The second tie-in goes to the highest ranked Big Ten or SEC team that doesn't go to the Rose or Sugar Bowl. Since both are play-off bowls, that means the highest ranked period goes to the Orange.

Would you prefer the Cotton, Fiesta, or Peach Bowls? Those have no tie-in's (beyond being required to rotate the top "Group of five" team), but are considered lower tiered than Sugar, Rose, and Orange. Could always hope for Alabama to beat Georgia and have one of those teams outrank Ohio State and go to the Orange Bowl sending Ohio State to the Cotton/Fiesta/Peach instead to play Penn State (won't happen as they're in the same conference), Texas, Missouri, Tulane, or the loser of Washington/Oregon.

As for history, the appeal of many Bowls is matchups of teams that have never played before. Or are you worried that they might lose to Louisville and make the Big Ten look bad? ;)

Luckily this year ends the tie-ins for those 6 bowls as the expanded playoffs take over next year involving same said bowls.

*edit* looked up the history Ohio State has with the potential at large teams.

Louisville: 2-0
Texas: 1-2
Tulane: 1-0
Missouri: 10-1
Oregon: 9-1
Washington: 9-3

As I said though, the appeal of many Bowls is matchups of teams that rarely play.

Last edited:
Blame the Bowl tie-in's.

Orange Bowl is contracted to take the highest ranked ACC team if the the Champion is in the playoffs, that is Louisville.

The second tie-in goes to the highest ranked Big Ten or SEC team that doesn't go to the Rose or Sugar Bowl. Since both are play-off bowls, that means the highest ranked period goes to the Orange.

Would you prefer the Cotton, Fiesta, or Peach Bowls? Those have no tie-in's (beyond being required to rotate the top "Group of five" team), but are considered lower tiered than Sugar, Rose, and Orange. Could always hope for Alabama to beat Georgia and have one of those teams outrank Ohio State and go to the Orange Bowl sending Ohio State to the Cotton/Fiesta/Peach instead to play Penn State (won't happen as they're in the same conference), Texas, Missouri, Tulane, or the loser of Washington/Oregon.

As for history, the appeal of many Bowls is matchups of teams that have never played before. Or are you worried that they might lose to Louisville and make the Big Ten look bad? ;)

Luckily this year ends the tie-ins for those 6 bowls as the expanded playoffs take over next year involving same said bowls.

*edit* looked up the history Ohio State has with the potential at large teams.

Louisville: 2-0
Texas: 1-2
Tulane: 1-0
Missouri: 10-1
Oregon: 9-1
Washington: 9-3

As I said though, the appeal of many Bowls is matchups of teams that rarely play.
I have no problem playing in the Orange Bowl, just would rather play a team that we have a history with or something in common ...

Texas, Oregon, Bama, Georgia theres a history there .

That said, they really don't need to worry about Who they choose to play, the Buckeye Fans Always travel well.

I have no problem playing in the Orange Bowl, just would rather play a team that we have a history with or something in common ...

Texas, Oregon, Bama, Georgia theres a history there .

That said, they really don't need to worry about Who they choose to play, the Buckeye Fans Always travel well.
What history is there with Georgia? Last year was the second ever meeting between the two (0-2).

As well as Texas, they've played a total of three times (1-2).

Even with Alabama, Ohio State has only played them five times (1-4).

CFP Committee rankings came out. Pretty much identical to the Coaches and AP

2023-11-29 08_08_50-2023 College Football Rankings - ESPN.jpg

What history is there with Georgia? Last year was the second ever meeting between the two (0-2).

As well as Texas, they've played a total of three times (1-2).

Even with Alabama, Ohio State has only played them five times (1-4).
OK, so you want to argue, I see ... well I don't.

The Buckeyes have played Meaningful games against all of them in the not to distant past.

OK, so you want to argue, I see ... well I don't.

The Buckeyes have played Meaningful games against all of them in the not to distant past.
a meaningful game is not history though.

My point is that Louisville has just as much history with Ohio State as Georgia and Texas with slightly less than Alabama.

Plus Bowls were never intended to match teams that play each other all the time, their purpose was unique matchups that you normally don't see.

a meaningful game is not history though.

My point is that Louisville has just as much history with Ohio State as Georgia and Texas with slightly less than Alabama.

Plus Bowls were never intended to match teams that play each other all the time, their purpose was unique matchups that you normally don't see.
Bowl games are suppose to put teams that would make a Compelling match up (outside of the Playoffs) ...

The Tie ins are plain dumb (other than guaranteeing that they actually PLAY a game there.)

ESPN has ruined the Bowl system so bad that the majority of them make little to no money.

Bowl system will be gone as we know it anyways, however, if they wanted to make the Bowl system Mean something again, they would make it like 10 games TOPS, so you have to at least be a Good team to get in ... (I know, I'm on a different subject now) ....

Personally, I'd make it so you have to be at least 2 games over .500 to qualify.