2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Not that I'm aware of .... 90% of the OOC games are in the first 3-4 weeks of the season, this way they get to the Conference games and go all the way thru the rest of the season .... Unlike some conferences that have a Cupcake before thier Rivalry game.
Which conference btw? Georgia played Tennessee the week before rivalry week. A ranked team unlike Minnesota.
Personally, I think of the Washington - Oregon game to be the Rivalry in that part of the country.

Is Washington/ Washington State and Oregon /Oregon State games actually Bigger than the Wash / Oregon game ????
They care more for the in-state games than Oregon playing Washington.

_end_rule.png

College Football Playoff schedule​

Monday, Jan. 1​

i
i

CFP Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game Presented by Prudential
No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 1 Michigan

Rose Bowl (Pasadena, California)
5 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

i
i

CFP Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl
No. 3 Texas
vs. No. 2 Washington

Caesars Superdome (New Orleans)
8:45 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Monday, Jan. 8

CFP National Championship Presented by AT&T
TBD vs. TBD

NRG Stadium (Houston)
7:30 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

_end_rule.png

New Year's Six

Friday, Dec. 29

i
i

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
No. 9 Missouri vs. No. 7 Ohio State

AT&T Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
8 p.m., ESPN, ESPN+ and the ESPN App

Saturday, Dec. 30

i
i

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
No. 11 Ole Miss vs. No. 10 Penn State

Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta)
Noon, ESPN, ESPN+ and the ESPN App

i
i

Capital One Orange Bowl
No. 6 Georgia vs. No. 5 Florida State

Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, Florida)
4 p.m., ESPN, ESPN+ and the ESPN App

Monday, Jan. 1

i
i

Vrbo Fiesta Bowl
No. 23 Liberty vs. No. 8 Oregon

State Farm Stadium (Glendale, Arizona)
1 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

And coming around the corner we have the Better games coming up.

New Year Six games start Today (somehow, were still days away from the new year, but, they named them...)
I assume because the Cowgirls are playing tomorrow night.

Should be a close game ....
I feel sorry for you Jimbo, that game should not have played out the way it did. Players putting themselves before the Team has lead to the Bowl Season being a mockery of its former glories.

My Ohio in-Laws were calling for Day’s head even before the game had finished.

I feel sorry for you Jimbo, that game should not have played out the way it did. Players putting themselves before the Team has lead to the Bowl Season being a mockery of its former glories.

The bowls are meaningless now, one there are far too many. The only bowls that mean something are the playoff games. Everything else is just a spectacle.

I've heard that from many ....
I am not one of them ...

Find me some one that can come in and do better, the man has won something like 58 game and lost 8 .

He DOES need to build a Better O Line ... maybe get a new O Line Coach/recruiter.
It all starts up front ...

Defense has come around nicely.

The bowls are meaningless now, one there are far too many. The only bowls that mean something are the playoff games. Everything else is just a spectacle.
I agree ... espn has ruined the Bowl season, you use to have to have a decent season to get in one ... now its a Participation season.

The Bowl Committee should be allowed to shuffle teams after Player Transfers and Declarations for NFL Draft if the whole point is to determine a National Champion. Wasn’t the reason FSU wasn’t in the Final Four due to injuries so the Star Players weren’t able to play in the Bowl? Well, same logic applies to all the Bowl Games. OSU isn’t the same OSU without their QB or WR. They should be in the “Pop-Tart” Bowl, not the Cotton Bowl.

Notre Dame surprised me by not being negatively impacted with Hartman’s and other key players’ absence. They had some depth to the roster, 3rd string at the end and still scoring on Oregon State.

The system as-is is flawed. Colleges should go back to being educational learning institutions, and establish a Football Clubs organization whose purpose is to train the NFL players of the future while paying them for their performance. Or, admit money corrupts the Student Athlete equation and go back to the 1960s era of amateur athletics programs where you didn’t make money until you graduated, much like the rest of us.

(okay, maybe I shouldn’t have had so much coffee this morning…)

I saw that Ohio State kept up it’s SEC tradition.

Was it too warm again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be nice, or he will never lift his head out of the hole in the ground.

IMG_1039.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0