211/411 black screen?

Kirby,

We had a discussion about the DP34 being used with a DPP Twin in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51593&highlight=dp34+dpp+twin

I found a document that says that it can be used but found some others stating that you can't, judge for yourself. Apparently, it works if you have at least two receivers connected to the DP34.

Found another document that says:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwor..._Twin_LNBF.pdf

"Connection to a DP34 switch:

– To provide sufficient power to the DP Plus Twin and the DP34,
choose of the following:

A minimum of two constantly powered receivers must be
connected to the DP34."

And thats where I think my issues stem from. I have a 411 and a 6000 (with legacy adapter). The 6000 is on port 4, and my understanding is that the legacy adapter doesnt power the switch. The 411 is on port 1, and powers the switch/LNB, however when it goes into nightly guide download mode it reboots, which causes power output to drop off to the switch/lnb, and upon reboot, my 411 almost always is missing the odd transponders on 110/119. It could be the legacy adapter does send power, but not enough. So I will pick up a DP44 switch and give it a shot. I think thats what is my issue, because when the nightly guide download feature is off (as it has been for 2 days now) the receiver is just fine.

Well I am getting a 622 as well, so in the end I will have a 622 and 411, and I only want 2 feed wires (and use a separator on the 622) because my wires from the switch to receivers are visible on the floor, due to an old house with brick floors and no access to inside the walls. Because of all this, I would rather get a DPP44 and limit the wires visible.

Well an update.. Got my DPP44 switch installed last night, and turned on the 411's automatic guide download feature, set for 4am. Woke up this morning and had the typical "press select" message on the 411, pressed it, and had all transponders on all 3 locations! So I can only surmise that I either had a bad DP34 switch (I doubt that) or the fact that the DP34 isnt powered like the DPP44 is, and the reboot of the 411 for the guide download dropped power momentarily to the switch caused the issue.

And I made sure that I did this with only the 411 on the switch, so as to not have the 6000 somehow keeping the DPP44 active. The switch is a brute too! Why so many grounding lugs on it? Think I counted 7 or 8????

Kirby Baker said:
, due to an old house with brick floors and no access to inside the walls. .

Brick Floors? I might be somewhat sheltered or something, but I have never heard of brick floors in a house.

Back on topic, I hope you have the same experiences with the DPP44 that I do, which is no black screens on my 211.

Its an old house on a lake down here. About 55 years old, post and beam construction, and yes, brick floors on the main level, wood upstairs. Not typical at all, but kinda cool.

So far the DPP44 works perfectly.. now I just need that damn 622 to hook up to it! :D

VIP622 DVR Software to Spool on Friday Feb, 10th 2006

Having promblems receiving locals on the 411.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)