Having promblems receiving locals on the 411.

dcamp31

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I have the new 411 for one week tonight. I had the 811 for 9 months before.
I get the HD locals through the air and my reception is 79-84%.
It is a lot better than the 811 except for one problem.
It was working fine earlier in the week on the HD locals.
The HD locals are locking up lately, not really pixilation just locking up for a few seconds.
The sound is alright but the picture freezes on all the local HD channels.
The last three days since it has been cold here in Tulsa, Oklahoma around 20 as low and 45 as high.
I was wondering does this has anything to do with the weather or how the 411 is receiving HD locals.
The 811 never did this and thought about calling Dish but don’t really want to be on the phone for an hour and get no answer if you know what I mean.
I just received my box to ship the 811 back yesterday and now wondering if I should.
The 811 was a piece of crap but at least my locals are clear when I had it.
This is great just in time for the Olympics. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have been experiencing the same thing for the last week or so. Everything will be fine then the picture will freeze for 1-2 seconds, play fine for 1 sec, then freeze again for 1-2 sec. This repeats over and over until I reset the box and it loads a new program guide. I think I am going to remove the antenna feed from the receiver and just use the tuner in my TV. I hope Dish fixes this problem soon because my wife is getting pissed at me. BTW this is on a VIP211 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)