211 and Winegard power supply!

eatman3

Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I have the Winegard amplified wing ota antenna that Voom gave out. Been using it and a Winegard power supply with the built in tuner in my Samsung DLP for the past year. Everything worked great and i received all my local stations. Just got a 211 installed with a diplexer/spliter on the outside of my house for the sat and ota, one line into the house, and then another diplexer/spliter with the two lines into the back of the 211. I put the power supply between the reciever and the inside diplexer/spliter on the ota line. Now my ota reception sucks. Are the two diplexers/spliters cutting the power level? Should i wire it somehow different? There is no outlet on the outside to put the power supply there? Sorry for long story. Thanks.

eatman3 said:
I have the Winegard amplified wing ota antenna that Voom gave out. Been using it and a Winegard power supply with the built in tuner in my Samsung DLP for the past year. Everything worked great and i received all my local stations. Just got a 211 installed with a diplexer/spliter on the outside of my house for the sat and ota, one line into the house, and then another diplexer/spliter with the two lines into the back of the 211. I put the power supply between the reciever and the inside diplexer/spliter on the ota line. Now my ota reception sucks. Are the two diplexers/spliters cutting the power level? Should i wire it somehow different? There is no outlet on the outside to put the power supply there? Sorry for long story. Thanks.

my suggestion is to straight wire to the OTA. take out the diplexers.

later

Unfortunately that is not an option. Any other ideas? What is most likely causing the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts