211 DVR Function & TV2 IR Converter Info &

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I finally got a response to the emails I've been sending to Dish Support regarding the IR TV2 Converter and the DVR function for the 211.

In response to my inquiry about the availability of IR TV2 converter, they stated in their email 'As of now the IR converter it appears was delayed until Feb. 2009'.

When I asked about the DVR functionality for the 211 & 222 they responded with 'Unfortunately as of now we do not have a date on the 211 EHD support. I know that in the near future we are releasing software to some 211 receivers, as of now however there have been no discussions of EHD support on the 222. The 211k model receiver will be getting this add on in the near future, and until this is released it is hard to give compatibility information.'

I asked them about fees and the ability to move the EHD between a 211 and a 622/722 and they came back with 'The 211 will have this software available; however, this will be a separate fee and you will not be able to share the information between a 622 and 211. These are two separate types of EHD functionality, an EHD Archive (622, 722, 722) and EHD DVR (211, 211k). Since these EHD’s would serve different purposes they would be reformatted if used between receivers and the recordings would be lost. If you had 2 211’s those could share one EHD.'

Well now I guess we need to wait for the software to come out.

Sh**!!!

I guess I'll be selling my 211k soon.

I've only used it for one three day camping trip in all the months I've owned it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)