211 DVR?

cleary

Original poster
I have a 211K receiver and I understand I can add an external hard drive to it and have Dish activate DVR on it for 40 bucks. Any recommendations on what hard drive to use? I think I heard that it has to be an externally powered drive.

Thanks, Chuck

Thanks for the the responses. Yesterday I bought the WD Essentials drive and it is up and running. It is only showing "My Recordings" in it's menu so I am wondering if it has Movies on Demand. The Power/Activity LED has been flashing rapidly in varying patterns continuously since I installed it yesterday. It is a 1 TB drive and I now see that Dish says it should be a 50 to 750 Gig drive for the 211. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Chuck

It is a 1 TB drive and I now see that Dish says it should be a 50 to 750 Gig drive for the 211. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Chuck

The 1 TB works fine on the 211/211k.

I have a 1 TB Essentials as well and no problems so far, I think the amount of Gig was raised for the 211 to 1 TB, don't know that for sure?

Can someone else clarify this, looks like Dish hasn't on thier website.

The 1 TB works fine on the 211/211k.

I have a 1 TB Essentials as well and no problems so far, I think the amount of Gig was raised for the 211 to 1 TB, don't know that for sure?

Can someone else clarify this, looks like Dish hasn't on thier website.

I recently installed a WD Elements 1TB and it formatted and works fine. Before that as an experiment I tried a WD 1.5TB Elements that I got to backup the PC, and got an error message that on the 211K that said it must be between 50?G and 1TB. So it clearly was updated to 1TB though the web documentation at Dish has not yet caught up.

On this same note, can a 211K with an external hard drive record OTA and Sat at the same time?

If so, can it still play back a separate DVR event while doing so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)