211 HD Locals Not In Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WJMorales

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Huntley Illinois
I scanned and added my HD Locals on my 211, they are not showing up in the guide. I have good signal strength on all channels, except CBS. I also, can not tune to the HD channels manually.

Anyone else having trouble with HD locals not showing up on the guide?

WJMorales said:
I scanned and added my HD Locals on my 211, they are not showing up in the guide. I have good signal strength on all channels, except CBS. I also, can not tune to the HD channels manually.

Do you subscribe to locals off the satellite? That seems to be a requirement.

To tune a local channel, for example 11.1 - enter 0111 or 01101. 3.1 would be 0031 or 00301.

Unlike the 811, the vip211 REQUIRES that you sub to Dish locals to get local info in the EPG. Just like the 921 and the 942 (and probably the 622).

WJMorales said:

Yep, I had the same issue after I first installed/activatedmy 211. You MUST reboot the 211 after doing the OTA scan, then you will see the OTA stations in your guide and can put them into Fav List.

I can confirm you need to purchase the locals in your package to get the listings in the EPG, otherwise the added antenna ota channels just say 'Digital service'. On my 811, it loaded the listings on most of them. I was told in my 811 days it was something to do with PSIP information transmitted with the channels OTA. But on the 211, it didn't load.

I added my locals to my dish subscription(No charge! I don't know why!), and they immediately were in the 8000's of the rcvr

Funny, it also immediately filled in in the 1-99 range the listings for OTA with the dish listings. I added some the the dish locals in the 1-99 range, 'filling in' the ones I cannot see OTA, by setting a favorite group of a mix of them and OTA, so my guide is now all my OTA, with dish listings, some dish locals I cannot 'see' with my antenna, and the HD channels in the Dish HD Basic pack.

VERY COOL!

Last edited:
I can receive OTA from 2 other markets beside my locals and it identified each channel and DL'ed the guide info for all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts