211 latest software update?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Anyone know what Dish changed in the latest 211 software update? I got 265 and hear 266 is aleready out.

Last edited:
Now I got 266. Am I the only one having 211 problems now? 265 and 266 fixed nothing that I can tell.

Jerryez, my problem with the toslink output was fixed with L2.65. You may have a bad receiver so I'd suggest you call them and try to get them to swap it. I doubt that they will address all the problems with the 211s, after all we're second class subscribers. :(

The 622s get the first class treatment. Just look at the 211 bug thread here it's gone while the 622 bug thread is still there. :devil:

RandallA said:
Jerryez, my problem with the toslink output was fixed with L2.65. You may have a bad receiver so I'd suggest you call them and try to get them to swap it. :

I have L2.66 and still have the problem with lip synch, especially on TNTHD. I called them last night to try this and they said they are still working on the synch problems and are aware that L2.66 did not fix everyone. I don't understand why it would fix one and not another. Other than receivers, what are the differences in these units. Should I call them back and ask again for a new receiver?

Mark

It seems like each batch of vip receivers has a different base software. This would cause each batch t6o accept software changes with different results. Of course, no reputable company would release each batch of receivers with a different software base. I guess that is why Dish does it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)