211 or 612

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
Ok I need to upgrade a 301. What do you guys think go with a 211 for the bedroom, and leave the 622 second going there for DVR. or get a 612? I have the 622 in the main room. I can buy a 211 cheaper, but really don't want to lease one for 7 a month

If you don't want to pay the $7 then you must either buy the 211 or the 612 (~$245 vs ~$369).

It's your decision to make.

Last edited:
You're going to either pay an extra receiver fee ($5) or a lease fee ($7). Payoff on a purchased ViP211 may be quite a number of years.

I'd contemplate waiting a few months and see about getting a second ViP622.

They told me that if I lease it then it would be the 7 dollars pls the 6 for the additional receiver. If I buy one then just the 6 dollar HD receiver fee.

Thanks for the cost of the 612 I haven't seen that yet. At least the 211 is cheaper then any other receiver I have ever bought.

I would 211, and also run TV 2 from the 622 to the 211, no sense having a second DVR recording the same programs.

I have thought of that too, I would probably forget which one I recorded i on. The only reason to go with 612 is when I go camping I can have more kid shows on there for the kids, but then you have the problem of moving it back and forth with the harddrive. 211 seems to be the easiest.

I also think waiting is the best course because it is said that the EHD will work with the 211 in the second quarter of this year. This would let you load any bunch of programs onto a small harddive and connect it to the 211 for camping.

I'm going to do that. Buy a notebook size drive and just collect some shows for a trip and know that the 622 at home is still spooling up the shows on recurring timers.

Of course the 211 EHD could have strings or restrictions to stop this kind of thing so I'm living with my 301 until the 211 EHD software is released and the folks here confirm it works like the EHD drive swap is currently working.

Well jsut bought the 211 from the dishstore. Probably the best way to go, thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts