211 or 622

sam 1207

Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
panama city fl.
Good afternoon to all im new to this forum but have been in others. I currently have a 211 install sked for mar 11th. I called dish today and i could get a 622 with a sked install date of mar 18th.I never had a dvr before i currently have the 811 with top 120 and hd pack and when the 211 comes they will upgrade me to hd silver. I also had a antenna put up yesterday gor ota locals i get about 5 channels with a signal strenth of 87 i guest thsts not to bad but is it worth the 299.99 and lease just to tape local. I have another hd tv that my my 811 will be hooked up to so atlest i will still get the mpeg 2 shows.Also the local over air will not show up on the 211 or the 622. I never taped before with a dvr or tivo.My question is do i go for 622 or keep the 211 install any advise would be greatly appre.Thank You. Sam:)

Not sure if this answers your questions, but as to the locals...you will be able to get the OTA thru your 211 or 622. You just plug the antenna into it and scan for digital locals...and you can record them or any of the other channels on the DVR.

Once you get a taste of life with a DVR, you'll never go back!!! :D

Your HDsilver comes with the Entire HD pack that you have now, in addition to all 15 VOOM channels.

With a 211, you will be able to watch any of those, in addition to your OTA HD channels. With the 622, you will be able to watch everything the 211 can, and record it all, as well as any of the 180 channels you will be recieving.

The 622 has two satellite tuners, and one OTA tuner, so you can record 3 things at once(watch one of those 3 at the same time), or record 2 things, and watch something else. Remember, the 622 allows you to record absolutely anything you can watch, whether that is SD, OTA HD, VOOM, or the HD channels you are recieving now.

So, if you are interested in a DVR, I'd say deffinantly get the 622.

I agree, get a DVR and you wont go back.
The key for me of the dual tuner DVR, is the ability to watch something someone else wants to see and you REALLY wanted to see another channel. You can record yours or there's and watch it later, remove any heated debate, spend the time with that person instead of being in different rooms. And of course PIP, but i rarely use that.

The things i find useful of a dvr is the ability to just hit pause, when the phone rings, when someone calls at the door, when you need to go to the restroom, or get that critical new beer etc, it just reduces stress because of missed key scenes.

Finally the other thing i like is, skipping all those darned ads !!!!!

Hope this helps.

not to mention you can watch an entire curling match during the day in a few minutes, instead of sitting up all night.

DVR has its downfalls too. I'd watch very little to no TV with a standard receiver while with a DVR I'm watching way too much TV. So it's also a waste of time if you watch too much DVR.

211 or dvr

Thanks to all for your input im gonna call dish right now and order the 622 you will probly see me again on here asking about recording. Recording doesent seem to hard with dvr i ca practice thanks again. SAM also does any body know if i will need the dish 1000 in fl. i have 2 dish 500. Again thanks . SAM;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)