211 Running Bug Thread

Software version: L 2.64
Dish setup: D1000 to 411 and 311
Description of Bug: OTA channels freeze frame and it takes a re-boot to cure it. It happened worse last night and with all OTA channels than anytime during the last two weeks.
OTA Antenna: Radio Shack outdoors and Channel Master 7777 preamp

Software: L264
Setup: DPP Twin 119, 110, 61.5
OTA Antenna: Zenith Silver Sensor

I have an issue with the OTA signal. Signal strength is good and the picture comes in crystal clear, but there is no audio on the feed other than UPN and WB which has choppy audio. Rebooting the 211 seems to solve the issue for a day or two, before it comes back again.

Software version: ViP211, L264

Dish setup:
119, 110, 129
DPP Twin, Twin (1), Twin (2), Twin (3) (I'm just reading off the setup page)

Description of bug:

All of my HD channels are out of sync, when I run my audio out of the digital out from the 2ll into my stereo receiver. Regular channels are in sync.

I'm pretty sure this is enough ground to cancel my contract. If I had known my HD would be out of sync, I wouldn't have signed up.

OTA Antenna: I don't think I'm hooked up to one of these. I may be ignorant.

Software version: L2.64

Dish setup: Two Dish 500's. DP Dual for 119,110 and single for 61.5. Total of 2 receivers: 211, 942.

Description of bug: Audio was out of sync on HD Philly locals.

OTA Antenna: None

I have an HDMI to HDMI cable from the 211 to a Sharp Aquos 32" HDTV. The picture is fantastic however the Philly local HD channels audio is out of sync with the video. The other HD channels are fine. Please fix this !

Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works for the above mentioned digital audio problem (when using the digital optical output into a av receiver) for the echo sound effect. The two sound sources (tv and sound receiver) are just a little bit off.

Thanks

ovredcoat said:
Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works for the above mentioned digital audio problem (when using the digital optical output into a av receiver) for the echo sound effect. The two sound sources (tv and sound receiver) are just a little bit off.

Thanks

That's the purpose of this thread. Hopefully Dish Network is reading this thread and will have a fix for the problem soon. The more people report the problem, the faster they MIGHT act. I don't use my A/V receiver any more, it's simply too annoying.

I have been having audio synch issues for 2 months. 3 promised fix dates have come and gone. My original 411 has been replaced by a 211 and tech support can only say they are working on it. Natalie at the Executive office refuses to return phone calls.

Service is useless unless this is fixed. I can only watch travelogues with narration

noidea123 said:
i get the same audio out of sync problem for the 211 even with using component for video and RCA for audio

I'm the same way...The audio sync problem is terrible...I only have the problem with the new HD channels including the Local HD channels. The old Hd channels seem to be fine as well as the SD channels.

hffernandez said:
SW Ver L 2.64
Dish Set up- DP-44 110, 119 & 61.5. Rcvrs- 508, 811 & 411.
Connection: Optical and Component (411)

Desc. of bug: Video loss but keep audio. Reset 411 receiver and works fine, until next time. Happens daily for three weeks now, reported to dish. Experience this video loss while switching back from watching a OTA channel. Dish is not charging 411 receiver fee for the next two months for this problem.

OTA Antenna: Can't recall brand but its new and works for locals.

I was about to post this, but decided to check thread first.

Same issue with Vip211

I find that it seems to happen on UHD. The picture freezes and stops. If I try to change the channel the picture disappears. I still get the OSD and can bring up the guide.

Only a reboot will cure.

Now, as an aside, my STB has been modified for the R5000HD. They attach to the elemental feeds of audio and video. This continues to operate properly though the STB video output to the TV is Fubah.

Thus this is an issue in their circuit that outputs to the TV...not on the receive sit.

Simply stated, they have almost the same issue with the 6000s of the picture freezing after an error that their output cannot handle and have never fixed it in years. A simple channel change unfreezes the picture and brings the audio back in sync on the STB output.

As the 6000 has been out for years and is still not correctly, I fear this is a design flaw that will NEVER be corrected :(

That scares me even more as now a reboot is needed instead of a channel change which corrected it with the 6000.

jtthirty said:
Software version: L 2.64
Dish setup: D1000 to 411 and 311
Description of Bug: OTA channels freeze frame and it takes a re-boot to cure it. It happened worse last night and with all OTA channels than anytime during the last two weeks.
OTA Antenna: Radio Shack outdoors and Channel Master 7777 preamp

I believe this is the same error we are speaking of. Do you loose video all together if move channel up or down? Does OSD work fine while no video?

Again, this is their out circuit when it gets hits an error. Did the same thing in the Dish 6000. However, now it requires a reboot to fix.

Martianman68 said:
Just got my 211 about 2 weeks ago, and here's what I've seen so far:

Software version: Will check at home tonight and update
Dish setup: SW64 switch--119, 110, 129 (New HD dish)
Description of bug: Picture freeze/slowdown; sound "pixelated"
OTA Antenna: Philips interior powered antenna

Main issue I've seen occurs mostly at night. The picture will freeze up, or actually move in slow motion. And it occurs on every channel, not just the HD channels.

Again, I think we are all talking the same issue of how their output circuit reacts when their is an error in their signal.

Last edited:
mp3audio said:
Software version: L2.64
Dish setup: Dish 500 119/100 Dish 500 61.5 (with single lnb adapter) DP34 1 dish 411 reciever
Description of bug: When switching channels after being on 1 channel for awhile, the reciever skips to the wrong channel. The channel is usually not even close the channel that I was on. Example: if I am on channel 107 for a few minutes and I hit channel up it will sometimes jump to channel 9424. Its does not alway jump to the same block of channels, it can jump from channels that are on 119, 110, 61.5 or even OTA. This is really strange and hard to explain. Its like the reciever forgets what channel its on, and switches to the next channel up on the wrong satellite.

I have seen this several times with my Dish Vip211 which I have had for a week.

Dish 211
Ver: L2.64
Dish 500 with Dish 300, Both Legacy with SW21 Switches

Audio dropouts not using toslink, just RCA cables, Audio droputs for 1 second here, 2 seconds are become more common and is quite annoying. It comes back but still annoying.

Dish 211
L2.64
Dish 500 Dish 300 Legacy with SW21's

Audio droputs for a second or two via rca cables, not using toslink. It's quite annoying.

If they don't fix the out-of-sync problem with HD, not only will I insist on my money back, but I will make sure that everybody I know knows about how DISH HDTV is bull.

I really hope somebody at Dish is listening.

I have a wierd lip sync issue tonight. Watching basketball OTA it is fine, but I switched over to NBC OTA and its horrible. Espnhd is fine as well. :confused:

VIP211
Software L2.64
Dish1000 with DP344 switch.

Noticed tonight while watching both SD and HD, receiver would drop satellite signal. Pushing any button on the remote would bring the picture back to the screen, but after 2-3 minutes it would drop again. Happened on multiple channels. Checked satellite lock and all three satellites read 78%. A reset appears to have fixed it, but I don't know why it should have happened in the first place.

ViP211
L264
SuperDish and Dish 300 pointed at 61.5 with DPP44

I have been getting a loss of the video while still having audio and program guide and on screen alerts. Rebooting does restore normal operation.

This drop of video while still having audio is really begin to piss me off. I have only had it happen on UHD while watching on 129.

Of course E* CSRs say they have no reports of this problem.

It leads me to wonder if this is something in relation to their playing games with the UHD signal calling it MPEG4 when its actually MPEG2. Of course, the E* Techs swear UHD is MPEG4, which lead me to wonder what they REALLY know anyway.

The fact this is really only the output circuits, I am really beginning to fear this problem is Hardware related and cannot be fixed :(

My 211 will not work with a DP21 switch. When I bypass the switch I can get 110 and 119, but the 211 will not work thru the dp21 switch. No signal at all on any of the three sats. I hooked my 811 up thru the DP21 and it pick up all three sats. 110, 119 and 61.5. Anyone else having this problem I have a DP Twin on a Dish 500 and a DP single on a single dish. Worked fine for almost 1 month, up until Thursday. Now what do I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts