211 Sd

prsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Puerto Rico
Hi guys:
Just to ask this: my son buyed a 211 receiver on Ebay not knowing that it was leased. The guy that sold it to him is no longer a member of Ebay. He never payed for it and my son can't make a sub with it as he was told by Dish. Is anything that can be done? Thx:confused::mad:

Use the eBay complaint process. You may be able to recover some of your payment.

And let this be a lesson to us all.

No way

Use the eBay complaint process. You may be able to recover some of your payment.

And let this be a lesson to us all.

That's what they told him. They say it has been 3 months since he payed for it, so there is the beautiful sharp gray receiver laying down on a shelf. If the guy didn't pay it to Dish, why can't my son get a sub an continue paying the receiver? Doesn't make sense that they lost a customer for someone that they can't recover their money back. I don't get it:confused::mad:

Did you pay for the item with a credit card? If you did, you should contest the charge with the credit card company on the grounds that it was a fraudulent transaction. The Ebay seller had no right to sell the receiver that belong to Dish, Inc. Your credit card company won't make you pay for fraudulent transactions. If you paid another way, let this be a lesson to only pay with credit cards for Ebay transactions. Don't put any value on those lousy Ebay buyer protection plans.

You can also contest Paypal transactions

Paypal is a joke. They can never refund your money because by the time they act the money is out of the seller's account. Your credit card company is your only hope here.

As far as Dish Network not letting you activate it, well it's their property. The buyer needs to make sure that the receiver he/she is buying is not leased equipment. You ask for the R00 and S00 numbers from the seller and call Dish Network and ask.

It doesn't matter if the money is gone from the seller's account, PayPal will stand behind sales on its system. You really should be able to recover the entire cost minus shipping minus $25 for PayPal to investigate.

Paypal is a joke. They can never refund your money because by the time they act the money is out of the seller's account. Your credit card company is your only hope here.

As far as Dish Network not letting you activate it, well it's their property. The buyer needs to make sure that the receiver he/she is buying is not leased equipment. You ask for the R00 and S00 numbers from the seller and call Dish Network and ask.

Yep, PayPal is a complete joke. I've *NEVER* heard of one person that has had a positive experience from the fake protection plan deal during a fraud case.

Watching ESPN-HD with 622 set to 1080i

Pq?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)