211 to 722 install

sammi

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 5, 2007
I won a 722 on ebay and need to know what I need to do to replace my 211 with the 722? THANKS!

Thanks guys! Is there a way I can tell if I have a DPP lnb's without going on the roof? I still have snow and ice up there. If I hook up the 722 without knowing if I have the correct lnb's, will I do harm to the 722?

Thanks again! Menu 6-1-3 reads:

DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2)

Thanks guys, every thing went well! Now a new question. If I keep the 211, what would I need to install it.

another piece of coax.

menu 6-1-3, does it tell you what satellites you are receiving? Unless it includes 61.5 or 129, you're not seeing much HD.

It shows 110, 119, and 129. Run the coax from where to where?

From one of the empty outputs on your DPPTwin, to the input on the receiver. It's the big thing on the end of the dish that says "DP Plus" on it.

What Pepper said. I'm just adding a picture of the DPP Twin ports. The two ports together are the outputs and the one by itself is the input for the 3rd satellite. Since you already have a 722 for one of the outputs and 129 going to the 3rd satellite, connect an RG6 cable to the only open port on the Dpp Twin and the other end to the receiver.

Attachments

• dpptwin3.jpg
    dpptwin3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 161
Thanks guys, every thing went well! Now a new question. If I keep the 211, what would I need to install it.
Before you get too carried away with the disposition of the ViP211, make sure you have the new receiver up and running.

Additionally, the ViP722 offers an output that you can run to another television. That will require another run of coax between the receiver and the other TV(s).

Thanks guys! The 722 in up and running , both tv1 and tv2. I have two dishes, both dish 500. One is pointed more to the east. Which dish should I connect to or does it matter? Maybe I should add I also have a 622 running both tv1 and v2.

Maybe I should add I also have a 622 running both tv1 and v2.
You should have told us that up front. Making us guess or forcing us to beat key information out of you isn't a good approach for someone seeking help.

Yes, it makes a big difference. There aren't any more outputs available for the ViP211 (assuming there isn't more equipment you've neglected to tell us about). To keep the ViP211, you'll have to get a DPP44 w/power inserter to give you more outputs (four total, actually). No, the DP34 is not a practical option.

Thanks, I will send the 211 back as was my original plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)