211 USB Hub

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
For those of you who use a Hub with a 211, a few questions:

First though, some info. I now have an EHD attached to my 211 and it works fine. It works so well that I now have about 3 hours of HD space left.

How do you first setup the Hub? Do you use the Dish software to disconnect the current EHD, or just power it down?

Once set up, is it enough to power down the EHD that is in use and then power up the next one, or is there a more complicated procedure that is required? Some sequence for instance?

Need the Hub be powered also or just the drives?

A non-Hub question: what is the largest drive that can be used with the 211? I have seen posts that the 722 can now used a 2TB drive, but I am not sure about the 211.

Thanks for any help.

For those of you who use a Hub with a 211, a few questions:

First though, some info. I now have an EHD attached to my 211 and it works fine. It works so well that I now have about 3 hours of HD space left.

How do you first setup the Hub? Do you use the Dish software to disconnect the current EHD, or just power it down?

Once set up, is it enough to power down the EHD that is in use and then power up the next one, or is there a more complicated procedure that is required? Some sequence for instance?

Need the Hub be powered also or just the drives?

A non-Hub question: what is the largest drive that can be used with the 211? I have seen posts that the 722 can now used a 2TB drive, but I am not sure about the 211.

Thanks for any help.

My 211K would not accept a 1.5T last week; It was fine with a 1T and that is what the firmware error message for the 1.5 indicate, i.e., 1T was the max size.

W2kb

That is what I was afraid of, I would rather use a 2TB than 2 1TB's with a hub. No choice though, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)