211 w/EHD - Software or hardware problems?

dntc0x

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
My VIP211 with EHD is acting strange lately.

At times there are 1 to 2 minute delays before a command from the remote control is acted on. (new batteries in the remote - a 20.0 IR)

Sometimes the receiver will lock up, do a shutdown and then a reload for no good reason. I will see a message "searching for satellite", and it goes through a download sequence, and it happens regardless of the weather (so it's not a rainfade, etc.)

Is there a software issue causing this, or is the receiver simply getting flaky and/or getting ready to fail?

Thanks for any input or advice.

Sounds to me like it could be the receiver going bad. Have you unplugged the receiver for 30 seconds?

I have tried unplugging the receiver, but it will still take "fits". Sometimes it seems fine, then when you least expect it the thing will freeze up. It's doing other weird things too. We have Sesame Street set to record daily (M-F). One day, it would stop recording every 1 minute, and then start recording again. It looked like we had recorded 30 or more shows, but each one was only a minute long. Another time we were recording a movie, and it stopped, rebooted, then continued recording the movie. Sometimes it does these sorts of things when we are not recording too. If there is no common software bug, or known fix, then let me know and I'll schedule a repair. One thing that I'll need to know. I obviously have an EHD for the DVR function. If my VIP211 gets replaced with another, or even a 211K, how will that affect my EHD? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)