211??

Y2k06 said:
After Feb1, will have to re-aim 61.5 over to 129 to get ALL the HD's (Universal HD will not mirror on 61.5, nor the locals)

I hope this isn't correct. We on the east coast cannot get 129 so we would have to get the HD's on 61.5. My assumption is that they are mirroring the same non-local HD channels on both 61.5 and 129 including Universal HD. Am I wrong? :confused:

leegart said:
I hope this isn't correct. We on the east coast cannot get 129 so we would have to get the HD's on 61.5. My assumption is that they are mirroring the same non-local HD channels on both 61.5 and 129 including Universal HD. Am I wrong? :confused:

I was under the same assumption. There are still a great deal of subs who can't get 129. Of course E* has done a lot of dumb things lately, it seems, so why not keep UHD from some subs as well.

All the HD that is on 129 will be mirrored on 61.5 (except for HD LIL). Universal HD will be on 61.5, if it's not uplinked yet it will be. There are just some areas of the country that can't get 129. Not to mention the fact it may already be uplinked.

Man, I tried calling today, and the CSR told me to wait till mid-February, I just canceled my Adelphia which will end on the 10th since that's the remainder leftover. I was hoping for a smooth transition. I just want a MPEG4 reciever with my new subscription!

BrianMis said:
All the HD that is on 129 will be mirrored on 61.5 (except for HD LIL). Universal HD will be on 61.5, if it's not uplinked yet it will be. There are just some areas of the country that can't get 129. Not to mention the fact it may already be uplinked.

Ahh, Sorry if I sound a little wet behind the ears (I am) what is HD LIL? and can someone explain to me what I need to get the new HD channels? I live on the east coast just south of DC. I have the current hd package including voom with my 811.

SO I need a 211 correct? What about dishes? I have a 500 and after looking up my system info I have 3 satellite signals showing in green. 119, 110, and 61.5. SO can I just have them send me the new 211 and hook it up to get the new stuff? OR will I need yet another dish? I allready have 2 on my roof.

Well, I just tried for the last half hour, spoke to 5 different sales reps, tech support etc, and they all said "call back Feb 1st, or we cannot guarantee that we won't just send you another 811".

What is Dish going to charge for the VIP211 to purchase?
Does it have a built-in or separate access card? (Some on eBay say access card not included)

Anyone know of online dealer? (PM me please)

Last edited:
ggw2000 said:
Sent you a PM (private message) Gerry

Gerry,

I am in the same boat. I do not want to lease, I prefer to own and not have any commitment. Personal preference of quite a few people I see.

I would like to purchase a cople of 211s as well.

Thanks!

Wilson

See how things shake out...

visiter555 said:
Gerry,
I am in the same boat. I do not want to lease, I prefer to own and not have any commitment. Personal preference of quite a few people I see.
I would like to purchase a cople of 211s as well.
Thanks!
Wilson
Wilson, I bought the 211 because I didn't want to use my "chit" on the one receiver a year and because I firmly believe that the 622 is not going to be available to existing subs for quite a while past 4/1. There is always alot of speculation here and sometimes you have to "read between the lines" or just wait for the facts to come out. I'm pretty positive that I will not give my owned 921 to dish and sign a 18 mo. commitment to lease a 622. I would be willing to give it to them without the commitment. If it turns out this is not possible then I will then decide whether to buy the 622 or get rid of dish and sell the 211. Time will tell as they say ;) Gerry

ggw2000 said:
Wilson, I bought the 211 because I didn't want to use my "chit" on the one receiver a year and because I firmly believe that the 622 is not going to be available to existing subs for quite a while past 4/1. There is always alot of speculation here and sometimes you have to "read between the lines" or just wait for the facts to come out. I'm pretty positive that I will not give my owned 921 to dish and sign a 18 mo. commitment to lease a 622. I would be willing to give it to them without the commitment. If it turns out this is not possible then I will then decide whether to buy the 622 or get rid of dish and sell the 211. Time will tell as they say ;) Gerry

It has been stated by several in Dish Exec Office that you will not have to turn in owned equipment for the upgrade. That only applies to leased equipment upgrades.

Talking about the LEASE not Equip...

rdinkel said:
It has been stated by several in Dish Exec Office that you will not have to turn in owned equipment for the upgrade. That only applies to leased equipment upgrades.
Really, I am specifically talking about the 18 month lease here (I don't care about the turn in or not turn in of equipment) as I will not get myself into that situation. I have been with Dish for years and have never had a commitment and I plan on keeping it that way. Gerry

ggw2000 said:

Gerry,

I currently sub 2 x 301 & 2 x 311. The only reason for the four IRDs is two are attached to TVs and two are attached to DVD recorders!!!

I dislike having ANY commitment, so when I first subbed I bought all four IRDs from Rat Shack (clearance priced at $79 each and a $50 rebate) for a net cost of $29 each. Each was an individual "system" with a dish. Sold the three extra dishes and bought a DP34 (again a blow out price).

My total cost was something like -$20 (so I got paid to buy!!) and I have no commitment whatso ever.

I do want to go HD eventually (been waiting a long time) and the 211s loog good 2 me.

So I again prefer to buy the 211s...just got to find a good solid dealer with stock...

Wilson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts