Dish 1000 question

Unfortunately from what I've been told and read is that yes. My 110 and 119 signals are not as good with the 1000 as they were with the 500. When 129 was peaked, 110 and 119 were extremely low. When 110 and 119 were peaked 129 was in the 50's. They had to find a happy medium.

Your installer was correct. There is some degradation in signal strength. The key is that as long as you're getting at LEAST! a 90 on both the 110 and 119 (yes I know Dish says 70 is minimal, but any installer worth his weight will do much better), transponders 11 and 12, then I wouldn't worry too much

I feared that was the case. I'm getting around 40 on 129 and am in the 60's on 119 & 110. Light rain today. The best I ever got with the 500 was 83. I wonder how much degrade is typical? Dang this tree infested valley!!

that signal is to low when it goes to 43 it starts to pixle. that tech newer should of left it so low signal. as far as trees go there is allways chain saws and shot guns ( works really efficiantly)

was that tech from dish or sub? and did you try separating signals like putting separate dish 500 for 129 sat and and then running it in to sw or DP twin. we have to do this some times here i had to put 3 dishes i 3 different spot to get maximum signals on all sat's

Well Charlie's East Indian surrogate assured me the install could be made for $60. So I guess the ball is in their court. But I think separate dishes is probably correct. Which leads to the question that since I am in a "White zone" which birds offer the possibility of both east and west network HD programming plus zoom?
dish2.jpg

By looking at the picture, I can see from here that you have NLOS for 129 where the dish is located. I'm surprised your 119 works. My recommendation is call DishNetwork and find out if there is a DNS office around you. Request for a lead tech or FSM to come out, your system needs to be reinstalled. The original tech you had should have never done the install the way he did. You shouldn't be charged for someone to come back since the install was done incorrectly. If they do you can fight the charge with a CSR coach, they typically will reverse the charges if you ask about it.
Good Luck!

volkodav said:
By looking at the picture, I can see from here that you have NLOS for 129 where the dish is located. I'm surprised your 119 works. My recommendation is call DishNetwork and find out if there is a DNS office around you. Request for a lead tech or FSM to come out, your system needs to be reinstalled. The original tech you had should have never done the install the way he did. You shouldn't be charged for someone to come back since the install was done incorrectly. If they do you can fight the charge with a CSR coach, they typically will reverse the charges if you ask about it.
Good Luck!

Excellent suggestion, I just called Dish and they did say they would add that request to the workorder. He also said that if the workorder is printed they probably won't see it!!

I can also verify that 110 and 119 signals are weaker with a Dish1000 when trying to peak 129. If you try to peak 119 as the manual indicates then 110 and 129 should also be tuned in. One can get stronger signals by pointing a Dish500 at 110 and 119 and a Dish300 at 129. The more satellites you try to point at with one dish the worse off your going to be with getting a signal from the different satellites.

It depends if he put the request on the actual work order or just in the account notes. If it's on the work order your local DNS office will see it when the route their jobs for the day you are scheduled. If the CSR only put it in the account notes-they won't see it. The DNS office should do a pre-call about your appt the day or 2 before you are scheduled. You can mention about wanting a lead tech or FSM to them directly at that time so they know for sure, otherwise you can look in the phone book or online for the DNS office # directly, and call them to make sure about the tech to be sent.

They showed for the install 7:00 PM Friday night. the window was noon to 5. Pitch dark. He thought he nailed it and took off about 8:45 for the 90 minute trip back to Eugene. By the time he was out the driveway the signal had deteriorated to 42 on the 129. They are supposed to be back Monday, tomorrow. I just realized I pay dish more than Pacific Power. But we lose our power fairly often also.

Two dishes does seem like the obvious solution. The old C-band dish used to be out in the pasture and the buried line is still there. I wonder if they could use that old c-band coax. Geez what a PITA.

downriver said:
They showed for the install 7:00 PM Friday night. the window was noon to 5. Pitch dark. He thought he nailed it and took off about 8:45 for the 90 minute trip back to Eugene. By the time he was out the driveway the signal had deteriorated to 42 on the 129. They are supposed to be back Monday, tomorrow. I just realized I pay dish more than Pacific Power. But we lose our power fairly often also.
Two dishes does seem like the obvious solution. The old C-band dish used to be out in the pasture and the buried line is still there. I wonder if they could use that old c-band coax. Geez what a PITA.

C-band coax should work. At least my old connection with RG6.

I have seen old C-Band wire work for a very short period of time if at all once it got hooked up to a Dish Network satellite system. If it is old wire it is more likely to do this to you.

OK the Dish guys returned, moved the dish to the top of the garage, 24 ft up and clear as a bell line of sight. He got the 119 signal up in the 90's and the 127 in the 60's. Light rain is falling now and the signal is 80's on 110 &119 and 50's on 127 with ocassional moderate pixelation. Not too good. I'm thinkin' they need to try the two dish route. This sucks.

volkodav said:
yes you do. your picture starts to pixel when signal drops to 45 or below.

They are supposed to show again on Saturday. This is getting interesting. What is the minimum acceptable strength? Dish says around 70, I wish they could achieve that! I think there may be some inherent signal problems in this locale.

If space and $ no issue, and the signal is weak in your area, I would recommend you add a separate 30" dish for 129. You will have two dishes in this case:
Options:
Dish 500 with DPP Twin LNBF (you will need to upgrade your DP Twin)
30" Dish with DP dual.
or Dish 500 with DP Twin LNBF
DP34 switch
30" Dish with DP dual.
Or if you already have the DISH1000 and experiencing weak signal on any of the satellites,
1- Peak that dish to 110,119
2- remove the DP Dual and install it on a new 30" dish
3- Aim the 2nd dish to 129