211b vs 211k?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Did a search, but did not find anything. What are the differences between the VIP211 and then VIP211K. I know the 211K is black and much smaller.

I have one of each. Same functionality, however with the 211K have you more options on which type of remote will control the receiver. When I lost my remote for the 211 Dish sent me three remotes that they claimed would work. They would with the 211K but not the 211. Only remote that I could get to work was the model 5.4 IR.

Given that remotes do get lost, break, etc. I would go with the 211K.

Jim

Which remotes didn't work? I've mixed and matched many different remotes with different dish receivers and the only ones that don't work with other receivers that I'm aware of are the 922 remotes.

Which remotes didn't work? I've mixed and matched many different remotes with different dish receivers and the only ones that don't work with other receivers that I'm aware of are the 922 remotes.

+1. He probably did not have the addresses set correctly.

indeed, i have a 211 and I can use the same 21.0 that i use on my 622 to work just fine with it. may want to make sure if you have a toggle switch inside the battery door, that it's switched to IR as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts