211k Cards

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Question about my 211k's. One 211k has a white G4 card in it. The other 211k has no card in the slot. When I login to mydish, there is a receiver number and a smartcard number for each receiver. And that second 211k works fine. But there is no card in the slot... Is that a concern to me? Should there be a card in that second 211k?

Question about my 211k's. One 211k has a white G4 card in it. The other 211k has no card in the slot. When I login to mydish, there is a receiver number and a smartcard number for each receiver. And that second 211k works fine. But there is no card in the slot... Is that a concern to me? Should there be a card in that second 211k?
Should not be a concern. Some receivers (and it's been a while since such discussions) have the cards built in, and IIRC, they are the most up to date, so you should be good to go. If in Doubt, Dirt!

If the internal card wasn't up to date you wouldn't receive programming. If and when that internal card is due for a replacement, Dish will automatically send one to you. There is nothing to worry about here. Now, if you wanted to go with a Flex Pack, Dish would need to send you a white card.

So the 211k with the built-in card, as mine is will not work with the Flex pack. I would need a new card?

More than likely you would. Dish will be able to tell you if/when you try to add the Flex Pack. Like Bobby said, if you need one, Dish will send you one. Then all you have to do is insert the card into the card slot, and it will override the built-in card in the 211k.

Reactions: STDog
You should not be concerned at the moment about the lack of cards as long as you are getting the programming you want now. If you want to change to the flex pack that is a different story.

This is what I have gone through thus far on cards for the 211k and flex pack. I called to change from at120+ to flex pack. I have 2 211k receivers, neither with a card in them. I own these receivers. They said I needed the G4 card and would send them. Only received one, not sure why I was only sent one, they should have had the information in front of them about both receivers. Called the activation number to ask about the second card, she said the G4 card would not work in my receivers that I needed new receivers for flex pack. She was trying to sell me the service fee so that I could pay for both rental and service fees. I will be playing roulette this afternoon, as I have do not believe this is true. If it is true that I need new receivers, I will buy a couple of wallys.

So far the Flex back is not an interest as yet as I would not have access to some channels. I am just hoping in time the MTV networks and BBC World will show up in AT250.

Well this afternoon I got someone who will send me another smartcard and sees no reason why I will not be able to change to flex pack when the card arrives. I installed the new card that I already have, and got it activated and working fine. Hopefully all goes well when the second card arrives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts