211k EHD offline backup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked; is there way to back up the contents of a 211k EHD to another drive for safe-keeping? I have a bad feeling my existing drive is failing and I'd like to preserve the existing recordings, then copy them to the new drive and then connect the new drive to the 211. I've heard that you can boot a Linux virtual machine on a PC and copy the files, but I haven't seen any confirmation on that. Any ideas?

Last edited:
My suggestion is to get an EHD and transfer like mad. For added security, back up to a RAID 1 array.

Yes, there is a one time $40 fee for this.

My suggestion is to get an EHD and transfer like mad. For added security, back up to a RAID 1 array.

Yes, there is a one time $40 fee for this.

I'm confused; the drive I have connected to the 211k is a 2TB EHD.. I need to get the recordings off that drive and on to another before it completely fails. Since the 211k doesn't have a built-in way to do the transfers, I'm just trying to see if there's a way for me to do that manually

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked; is there way to back up the contents of a 211k EHD to another drive for safe-keeping? I have a bad feeling my existing drive is failing and I'd like to preserve the existing recordings, then copy them to the new drive and then connect the new drive to the 211. I've heard that you can boot a Linux virtual machine on a PC and copy the files, but I haven't seen any confirmation on that. Any ideas?

The answer is yes. I have done it for the same reason that you are facing. Here is the link to my post http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/211k-ehd-replacement.315377/
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/211k-ehd-replacement.315377/
Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)