211k & Inactivity Standby

Anony55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
Recently, my 211k seems to go into "Inactivity Standby" on a fairly regular basis. It's not every day... but almost that regular. I have Inactivity Standby turned off in Menu, 8, 7 (I thinks that's right), but it still appears to go into standby from time to time.

Sometimes, it happens over night. Other times, during the day. I can't be real sure when, because if it happens at night, I might not notice until I get home from work the next day.

Anyway, has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

Recently, my 211k seems to go into "Inactivity Standby" on a fairly regular basis. It's not every day... but almost that regular. I have Inactivity Standby turned off in Menu, 8, 7 (I thinks that's right), but it still appears to go into standby from time to time.

Sometimes, it happens over night. Other times, during the day. I can't be real sure when, because if it happens at night, I might not notice until I get home from work the next day.

Anyway, has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

I believe that it will go into standby overnight when it downloads program info and reboots.

Warren's got it. Every night when it does the nightly updates it shuts off the receiver and when it turns back on the screen saver will be showing, though to add I have heard of people setting Auto Tune Timers to take it off that screen.

I get around this by doing an AutoTune at 5AM on a local channel. When your 211 does its update at 3AM (or whatever other time you may have set) it reboots and goes into automatic standby. By setting the AutoTune some time after that you automatically take the receiver out of standby. Problem fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts