211k newbie questions

RightTurnClyde

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Far East Maryland
I just added my first 211k to my account and have two annoyances I would like to get rid of. I'm running the receiver as SD only through the S-video port.

1. When the receiver is "powered off" (I understand it is not really off) with the remote I get a bouncing tips screen with the dish logo. Is there any way to get rid of it?

2. When the receiver is "powered on" it always goes to channel 101. Is there any way to make it go back to the last channel being viewed?

Thanks for the help.

stuck

I just added my first 211k to my account and have two annoyances I would like to get rid of. I'm running the receiver as SD only through the S-video port.

1. When the receiver is "powered off" (I understand it is not really off) with the remote I get a bouncing tips screen with the dish logo. Is there any way to get rid of it?

2. When the receiver is "powered on" it always goes to channel 101. Is there any way to make it go back to the last channel being viewed?

Thanks for the help.

As far as the 1st one nope can't change it. Can't answer the 2nd.

If you had been setting channels from a favorites guide that does not include channel 101, it will not go to it. That happens when you have been in the "all subscribe" guide. Other option is to lock it out.

Thanks for the help.

For #1 - Turn the TV off and you won't see the bouncing tips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)