Watch DVR with no connection?

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I noticed that if I unplug the satellite connections from the back of the receiver I can still watch shows off of the DVR. Is there a time limit that this will work before the receiver won't do anything until I hook it back up? Or am I good to go for as long as I need?

Sometimes like this the DVR button does not work. Then go thru to the menus for the schedule. Don't expect timers to work without a satellite connection for time and schedule not even OTA.
-Ken

It's a 722 and worked even after resetting it. It would be if we needed to move it to a location without a satellite connection but can still watch recorded shows. Just don't want to go through the hassle if it would stop after being unhooked for a day or so.

You should be able to watch shows that have already been recorded even if the receiver is unhooked from the Dish. We do this when we do trade shows and are unable to hook up a dish.

That and it stays in my house to be viewed by the wife and I only. Just might need to switch rooms temporarily with no satellite connection.

I took mine camping for four days and could not get the sat to work. (Another discussion), but watched prerecorded shows for the four days that I camped, but the dvr would not work with an external hard drive.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like we should be ok with no connection for at least a few days.

I have a no longer used 625 its been deactitived over a year, replaced with 722. I will have to plug it in but am pretty sure the recorded shows will still be viewable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)