211k receiver is about to be released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tws101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
A new receiver called the 211k is about to be released. It is smaller in size than the 211 and it is painted black with a glowing HD logo. Other than that it is the same as the 211.

If I remember correctly the 211k was shown at CES, but I'm too lazy to search for the thread now.

I heard that it isn't just a color change, but the guts are different with a new main chip. Hopefully, it will be a great performer.

o ok

interesting decision on DN part to remake the 211.......stupid almost

I guarantee... the motivator was cost. 211 wasn't as cheap as they liked, a new chip set (as scott point out) more than likely an integrated MPEG-4 set, was significantly cheaper, therefore DISH proceeded. That's my hunch... also, the 211 is kind of clunky for what it is... smaller is better for some!

I think the 612 is that because it has the same hard drive as the 622.

I know it was because of the same hdd size as the 622, but how hard would it have been to put in the 722 hard drive? give use the extra space its not hard at all..

also they should have gotten rid of the phone line fee with the 612... it should have been like the 921, one room no fee.. but no dish needs more money.

I seem to remember reading that the 211k was going to be the model that gets the EHD and recording capabilities...

I know it was because of the same hdd size as the 622, but how hard would it have been to put in the 722 hard drive? give use the extra space its not hard at all..

also they should have gotten rid of the phone line fee with the 612... it should have been like the 921, one room no fee.. but no dish needs more money.

Gotta have coin to fend off all the lawsuits dont ya? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts