211K Receiver will not work with hybrid antennas

tapatalk_jpeg_1487443338593.jpg

Disregard where it says Tailgater by the 211k. This is how I have my camper 211k hooked up for the winter at home.

You can have up to 2 purchased 211's or Wally's on a Hopper account, leased ones are not allowed. Because the 211 is purchased you can have it turned on only when you're using it at camp.
Small point of info for folks following this thread: "at camp" - While the customer-owned 211 or Wally is added on to your Hopper/Joey account for RV use for $7 monthly, there's apparently no technical requirement to only use it "at camp". I have mine connected to a secondary legacy antenna at my house - I never use it except to program recordings for the connected EHD for camping trips with no satellite LOS. I don't think I'm breaking any rules (the RV is parked and powered 10' north of house - without any LOS). I could just as easily leave the 211z in the RV and run the satt. antenna wire an additional 40' to the RV. The '211 is currently transferred back and forth from the warm house to the frigid RV, and in any event, the ViP211z receiver is not on a network for Dish to track where it is.

My owned 211k resides permanently on a covered pool deck while in the house we have 2 hoppers with sling, and 3 fire sticks. We utilize a DPP 44 switch with our set up.

I have never had an issue with dish when activating or deactivating the 211 (active 9 months out of the year).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Well, two more questions -
1) Will the Dish need to be re-aimed after the install of the DPP LNB, if I am careful not to bump the Dish?
2) How far from the DPH 42 can the power injector be? The Dish is located about 40 feet from the Hopper 3, where I had planned to put the power injector and the Hybrid Solo Hub, then run a coax from the Hopper 3 back to where the Wally would be - about another 40 feet. - Of course I could run from the DPH 42 to where the Wally will be (about 20 feet) and put the power injector and the Hybrid Solo Hub there and then run coax to the Hopper 3 (about 40 feet).

Well, two more questions -
1) Will the Dish need to be re-aimed after the install of the DPP LNB, if I am careful not to bump the Dish?
2) How far from the DPH 42 can the power injector be? The Dish is located about 40 feet from the Hopper 3, where I had planned to put the power injector and the Hybrid Solo Hub, then run a coax from the Hopper 3 back to where the Wally would be - about another 40 feet. - Of course I could run from the DPH 42 to where the Wally will be (about 20 feet) and put the power injector and the Hybrid Solo Hub there and then run coax to the Hopper 3 (about 40 feet).

1 - It's always a good idea to check the alignment whenever changing LNB's to make sure it's peaked.
2 - I don't understand your intended wiring plan but 40 or 80 feet should be no problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wiring by diagram in post #16 by Hipkat - Probably cleaner to put the injector closer to the DPH 42. Looked at the DPH44 and DPH 42, in the diagram above - but that puts a lot of parts in the system.

Well, I finally got this wired per the below diagram
dp5-png.136413

and, it did not work. Both receivers showed to signal detected. - Using the DPH42, going to the power injector, then going to a Hybrid Solo Hub 203952. On this unit I put the output from the signal injector to the ODU port and the Hopper to the Host port and the 211K to one of the Client HVN ports - Mis-wired, or not the correct parts? TIA

Well, I finally got this wired per the below diagram
dp5-png.136413

and, it did not work. Both receivers showed to signal detected. - Using the DPH42, going to the power injector, then going to a Hybrid Solo Hub 203952. On this unit I put the output from the signal injector to the ODU port and the Hopper to the Host port and the 211K to one of the Client HVN ports - Mis-wired, or not the correct parts? TIA

The 211K won't work on the client port, in fact you should disconnect it ASAP as it is trying to put voltage on the MoCA line which may have already caused damage to the hub and/or Hopper.

I've never tried a 211K on a Hybrid system so I don't know if it will work but if it has any chance of working it has to be connected to the other port on the DPH42 switch.

The 211K won't work on the client port, in fact you should disconnect it ASAP as it is trying to put voltage on the MoCA line which may have already caused damage to the hub and/or Hopper.

I've never tried a 211K on a Hybrid system so I don't know if it will work but if it has any chance of working it has to be connected to the other port on the DPH42 switch.
This.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not positive but a 211k will not work on a hybrid system. Once you turn it into a hybrid system either at the hybrid lnb or DPH42 the 211k will not work. That's why we have our 211k's before the DPH42 with a standard lnb. Once you install a DPH42 on a regular lnb you have a standard system before it and a hybrid system after it. If that makes any sense.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts