211k with single LNB/ and physical location

rlamp1

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Pittsburgh,PA
Hi

Using this with RV account and love it!!

Can the Dish 211k receiver be used with a single LNB?
If so any special setup in the installation software (point Dish menu)

Also is the receiver able to determine it's location? (through GPS or other means i.e timing signals from the WA or EA sats)?

Thanks

Any dish receiver can be used with a single lnb on a dish ,if you run a check switch to lock it in. But having a couple of 211ks in my time , be warned that if you have a check switch matrix already in there, you might have to run a check switch without any sats hooked up to clear the matrix ,before you run another check switch with just the single sat you want . I don't think that receiver knows anything about where it is located. There is no geo-synchronous chip revealing where it is at all times in the receiver....YET. There is a location code in your counters, that DISH uses to get you to call in to them ,to verify that you have all your receivers in the same location. THey call and get you to read off the location code on your screen to verify. But it does change about every 15 minutes ,so you can't write the code down in your lake cabin and go home and call it in to DISH ,because it will have changed again and they will get you for illegal stacking of your account.

the location I.D. is a hash between the ird number, card number and time.....trust me when I tell you it can be mimicked. has nothing to do with actual location. any more info would be considered hack talk...

sorry to the op for getting off track

Last edited:
setting info can be found in the setup menu as long as you know the zip code where you are at....select dish 300 (single lnb dish) and enter zip code and the receiver will give you the needed settings.....'

you would be better off with a 500 (easily found free or cheap) or a 1000 dish so you can get all the channels you pay for on the road....good luck..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts