211z dish question

plott hound

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
niagara falls,NY.
i am thinking about buying my mom a 211z receiver so she can get rid of cable.there is an existing dish 500 dish on her house.will the dish 5oo work with a 211z?i looked at the lnbs and they say "legacy" on them.her neibour has one that says dpp or something on it but i dont know what kind of receiver they have.:confused:

cheers

i am thinking about buying my mom a 211z receiver so she can get rid of cable.there is an existing dish 500 dish on her house.will the dish 5oo work with a 211z?i looked at the lnbs and they say "legacy" on them.her neibour has one that says dpp or something on it but i dont know what kind of receiver they have.:confused:

cheers
YES THE 211z will work with a dish 500 and legacy LNBs. The problem your mother might have is the 211Z doesn't have a coaxial cable output. If her cable is connected with Composite (red,white.yellow RCA jacks) she will be OK.

thanks guys,she has a newer tv with HDMI port so thats good,i was just gonna buy a 211z off of amazon then
call in and have it activated.just wanted to make sure the old lnbs were compatible with new receivers.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)