211z playback problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adadollie

Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
wv
I had a 211k with EHD that developed picture problems and received a 211z to replace it. All my recordings show up in my recordings list, but the only ones that play back are those that were recorded with the 211z. The ones recorded with the 211k are there, but I cannot play them. When I select one of those, the screen goes black for a minute or so, then the menu comes on asking to start over, delete, protect, etc. I have restarted the receiver and the EHD.

I was under the assumption the 211z was compatible with the 211k in this regard. If so, any ideas why my older recordings won't play?

They should play. Have you tried calling tech support? You might get lucky and find someone who knows what they're doing.

I jusr had a faulty 211 (the old silver version) with a EHD replaced with a 211z, and I am seeing the same issue. About half of the recordings from the 211 are not watchable with the 211z, with the same symptoms as noted above.

When I connect that EHD to a 211k on my account everything plays back OK, but those same recordings will *not* play back OK when connected to my new 211z. I would just swap the two receivers, but the 211k EHD has issues when connected to the 211z. :oldmad In other words many recordings made with the old 211 or the newer 211k are not watchable with the 211z.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)