222/222k Receiver Available Again

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Effective Jan. 28th the Vip 222/222k receiver will be available once again to existing customers. Looks like they finally built up their stock again and are offering for upgrades again.

3 weeks to late for me. I upgraded an old timer from 3 311's to a 222 and a 211 a couple of weeks ago. I had forgotten that the 222 was no longer an eligible receiver for upgrades and had to eat it's cost.:(

I really hated when they stopped allowing them. Apparently they were short on them so they didn't allow us to install them for a while.

Effective Jan. 28th the Vip 222/222k receiver will be available once again to existing customers. Looks like they finally built up their stock again and are offering for upgrades again.
That mean we can add one to my existing hopper account yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, & considering you can add up to (2) 211's to a Ho account, why WOULD you want a 222??? :confused:

A 222 is much easier for an install when wanting multiple TVs mirrored. It only requires one cable from the Dish instead of two. There are a lot of benefits of the 222, that's why it was so frustrating when they stopped allowing them. Granted, two 211 receivers can be nice when all you want is two TVs in HD.

Reactions: Troch77
You need to think in general terms. Think of the average person, not ones that love to watch TV. The average person in the general population probably still doesn't know if they have HD programming or not.
There was a smiley in my post. Don't be so serious. You ought to know the folks here are a contrary bunch at times.

Reactions: Scherrman
You need to think in general terms. Think of the average person, not ones that love to watch TV. The average person in the general population probably still doesn't know if they have HD programming or not.
My 80 year old neighbor has 3 HDTVs... All powered by 211s. In fact, I have 5 neighbors, make it 6 including myself, in their 70s or older and they all have HDTVs... I think you need to reassess your thinking.

My 80 year old neighbor has 3 HDTVs... All powered by 211s. In fact, I have 5 neighbors, make it 6 including myself, in their 70s or older and they all have HDTVs... I think you need to reassess your thinking.

Of course they have HDTVs. You can't really buy a new TV without it being HD anymore. If you sign up with any pay TV provider you most likely automatically get HD equipment. It's pretty much the standard now. This doesn't mean that the majority care about what they have. I've been dealing with customers for a long time and the majority don't care. It's one of the reasons they would come to us, because they had no idea and didn't want to do the research. They would just say sell me what I need, I just want it to work.

If there was a national poll of people over the age of 60 I'd be curious to know how many people actually know if what they are watching is in HD or not. I know the majority of people know of it and even know what HD is but many are confused. I can't remember how many customers were confused by what a DVR is and think I'm talking about their DVD player. Hell, many times when I get trouble calls they don't even realize that there is a receiver connected to their TV. They know they pay for TV service and that someone hooked it up for them.

The people on here are different and I'm sure their friends are. There are still a lot of people that are too busy to pay attention or just do not care to pay enough attention to it.

A 222 is much easier for an install when wanting multiple TVs mirrored. It only requires one cable from the Dish instead of two. There are a lot of benefits of the 222, that's why it was so frustrating when they stopped allowing them. Granted, two 211 receivers can be nice when all you want is two TVs in HD.

OK, but (again) I was talking in the context of adding onto a Ho account...which was what I was specifically answering.
And they never allowed 222's, or any other model receivers OUTSIDE of the 211's anyway...so considering you're going to need more than 1 cable from the dish anyway (on a Ho account), that's also a moot point.
(2) 211's cost the same monthly fee as (1) 222...& you can also turn both 211's into their own (HD) DVR's f/$40, which you CANNOT do at all on a 222.

OK, but (again) I was talking in the context of adding onto a Ho account...which was what I was specifically answering.
And they never allowed 222's, or any other model receivers OUTSIDE of the 211's anyway...so considering you're going to need more than 1 cable from the dish anyway (on a Ho account), that's also a moot point.
(2) 211's cost the same monthly fee as (1) 222...& you can also turn both 211's into their own (HD) DVR's f/$40, which you CANNOT do at all on a 222.

I see what you're saying. There's really only one reason Dish even allows any receiver to be on a Hopper account and that's to keep RV customers happy. It's not meant to be hooked up in any other homes so it makes no sense for Dish to allow a 222 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)