222k install with only home distribution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

samedaysatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Illinois
I am a tech and we only carry 722k 222k and 211k at our retail shop. We have ran into an issue with sometimes people only have two tv's and both only have coax input (crazy I know!). However, when we go to install a 222k (or 722k), TV2 is the only one that will display. I understand that this is because the modulator is turned off for TV1 by default. I have tried putting it in single mode and utilizing tv2 display to navigate in the menu etc for setup however, we get the common message that TV1 is using this screen an no changes can be made yadayadayada. I have yet to discover a work around other than carrying a rf modulator on the van for temporary use during installation. Anyone have better ideas?

carry a small digital tv?

I think the rf modulator/switch is much more feasible in comparison. Id rater not have a small tv rattleing around in the van. Rf switch are dime a dozen. I'm just trying to think of a quicker way without having to temporarily hook up any other componet during setup.

I carry a small tv for just that reason. I bought a small flat didgital tv from HSN not to long ago, this has made my life alot easier. I cant see any otherway before you can actual access the menus after activation.

And being a DNS tech we technically arent even allowed to carry any extra tools.

You're making sure that TV1 is off? On the receiver, that is, the yellow light is off? You can't change TV1 modulator settings in dual mode?

Maybe something in this thread will help:

vip 222k tv1 coax output does not work

I think you may be missing what I am trying to explain. The first time you power it on fresh out the box, the default system settings hinder you from seeing tv1 modulator/ch 62 output. I can try to to go into 6-1-5 all day at TV2 and it will still tell me I can't make any changes blah F$%K! It's because tuner 1 is currently at the point dish screen and I know that. But can't change it. I guess it's either memorize the button sequence to kick on modulator ch 62 for tv1, carry a little tv or stay with hooking up a cheap rf/switch temporarily to adjust settings. Thanks Everyone. Give me more ideas if any one has em.

I'm guessing just pressing CANCEL on the TV1 remote in front of the receiver won't take it off the Point Dish screen?

keep trying

I had the exact situation yesterday. You could not enable tv1 rf output. Somehow using the tv2 remote, but I'm not sure how, I got it to enable. Just try a few different options like cancel on the screen or cancel on the remote. It will work. Cust only had one tv with no rca input. I'll try to figure it out next time i get a chance and let you know.

How does TV1 remote respond when you havent setup system wizard because you cant see tuner 1 displaying? Keep in mind it's a 222k. The remote requires system wizard at tv1. But thanks for the input guys.

(I only just skimmed this thread briefly so if this got answered already sorry.)

There is a very simple way of doing overcoming this problem. first run your channel scan on TV2 to get it to AIR60.

Then once you have a pic press the power button on the front of the receiver. (The TV1 light may not go off but it doesn't matter.)

Using the TV2 remote select "cancel" on the screen (this will take you to the Set up menu). Then when you select the 'Point Dish" screen on the menu it will allow you to change the modulator, and run your "Check Switch".

Two tips. One get your TV1 mod turned on co you can run a chan scan on TV one while doing the switch test. Two you may need to readdress the TV2 remote to address 1 for it to control the receiver (As you know receivers come set to 1, and the remote set to what ever they feel like setting it to.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)