269 fixed closed caption ?

pxxv23a

Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Ever since 269 loaded two days ago, I left my component output Closed Option on all the time, and it hasn't disappeared yet, looks like it has been fixed, along with dark s-video and recall option on my 811, now it is much better than the 6000 I had before.

269 software seems to have fixed the disappearing Closed Caption Option on my 811 receiver. However I still not getting Closed Caption on TNTHD and HD Discovery channels even though they show (CC) on the INFO menu description for these two channels. HD ESPN consistently shows Closed Caption. The two NET HD channels don't Closed Caption and have no (CC) shown on their info description menus even with movies that are known to have closed captions. Does anyone know if dishnetwork is deliberately holdly back closed caption because of high density of HD programs? I've phoned them and e-mailed them with no answer back.

On my 811 CC only works on HBOHD. I don't have the HD package.

I have a Panasonic TV with an integrated ATSC tuner and get CC over the air CBSHD, NBCHD, FoxHD but no CC on my 811 for the same channels. Since the Panny displays CC and the 811 doesn't it must be something wrong with the 811.

N

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)