269 Fixed our 49% Issue!

cabledave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 28, 2004
Our ABC here in San Diego rarely if ever locked in. Now it locks in right away and haven't seen a single blip. All of our locals are now in the high 80s. :)

My 49% problem is not fixed. I can not lock onto my local NBC channel as I never have been able to. 49% is still a problem.

Well that might have something to do with your local channels in your area! Not always going to work the same for everyone due to some local channels are going to be better in some areas than others!

Poke said:
Well that might have something to do with your local channels in your area! Not always going to work the same for everyone due to some local channels are going to be better in some areas than others!

True, BUT all 3 of my major locals are within 5 miles of my house. They all share the same land the towers are on. I get the other 2 just fine.

Hmm thats strange you get them all excpet one! Must be on that ones end then.

peid said:
True, BUT all 3 of my major locals are within 5 miles of my house. They all share the same land the towers are on. I get the other 2 just fine.

Have you tried to put an attenuator on your OTA input? You just may be getting too much signal on that station for the 811 to handle.

No I did not, and I am not too worried about it since it is NBC which is not broadcasting in HD OTA right now. Otherwise I would be extremely upset.

GaryPen said:
You do know that NBC has many shows in HD, and many, if not most local digital NBC broadcasts are in HD, right?

You should write your local NBC affiliate, and voice your concern at their lack of HD broadcasting.

Been there, done that.

They tell me they have no set date when they are going HD. I don't have Fox either.

Prior to 269 I had 49% problems with 10-1 and 55-1 (26 miles away) both owned by the same outfit and both broadcast via the same antenna; not just the tower but the same exact antenna. To start with I was going crazy because I had that 49% problem and I discussed it with the engineer at the above station and discovered there was a microwave tower between me and them. Well I'm done I figured...

Then 269 came along and now everythings great. I haven't talk to the engineer to see if they did anything but it's either that or 269.

Well, the 269 did not fix my 49% issue. In fact, it made worth than before at least initially. I will try re-scan again tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)